Chapter Thirty-Seven

The Bad Boy Is My Baby's Daddy

May 1st 2013

____________________________________
Chapter Thirty-Seven - Terrance Archibald

The clock on the microwave read a little over four in the morning and I groaned, wishing Zayden would cease his constant kicking, he was being a rambunctious little thing and it wasn't helping the already there lack of sleep I was getting. It would seemed the farther I got into my pregnancy the less amount of hours of sleep I was gonna get and thinking I still had a few more weeks to go—it would only worsen. The whistling of the kettle pulled me from my thoughts and I started, my head jerking up in the direction of the kettle and glowered before making my way over and unplugged the cord attached to the socket, ceasing the irritating whistle.

I picked up the kettle and poured some steaming water into my mug, watching the small tea bag float in the water offered before setting the kettle aside and wandered over to the fridge, pulling out the container of milk and adding that to my tea. I sighed, picking up the warmed mug in my hands and took a small sip, hoping the tea would not only relax myself but Zayden too.

''Terrance?'' I started, again, causing my hands to loose grip on the mug and watched the black porcelain shatter to the ground, mixing in with the substance of tea on the floor.

''Dammit, Cloud!'' I cried angrily, my hands reaching up to grasp into my disheveled hair and pulled while I gritted my teeth. ''Look at what you made me do--!''

''Hey, Terrance, it's okay, I'll clean--''

''No, it's not okay!'' I snapped, whirling around to face him and I cursed myself for the frustrated tears that were gathering in my eyes, blurring my vision of Cloud who stood at the entry of the kitchen. ''I'm tired, so tired and Zayden won't stop kicking, my stomach is itchy, my feet look like fucking watermelons, my back, thighs, and pelvic area hurt and I'm peeing every other goddamn minute! So, don't tell me it's okay because it's not!'' I finished my tirade and burst into tears right afterward, covering my face with my hands and just stood; crying pitifully.

Suddenly, Cloud's arms were wrapped around me, pulling me into his warm shirtless embrace and rested his chin on top of my head, hushing me and after a few more choked cries, I inhaled a deep breath, sniffling back the snot that threatened to leave my nose.

''I know you're frustrated because you're tired, baby, I know and I'm sorry, I wish there was something I could do and if there is, tell me and I'll do my best to do it for you.''

''There isn't even something I can do at this point, Zayden is getting cramped up in here.''

Cloud hummed, his hands trailing down to my belly and cupped the firm bump. ''You have an appointment with Araki at noon tomorrow, maybe she can recommend a few things to help you out.''

''Maybe.'' I muttered, not bothering to tell Cloud I have already been googling around for anything to help calm Zayden down when he decides he wants to become a little pesky kick boxer and while there was tips, I've tried nearly all of them with no luck. ''Can we watch a movie in bed?''

''Course, go set up the laptop and find a movie you want to watch, I'll clean this up, okay?'' Cloud said and I hummed in agreement, turning my head up to peck his chin and gave him an apologetic look when his dark blue eyes meet with my red rimmed baby blues.

''I'm sorry I freaked out on you, you didn't deserve it.''

''Don't fret over it, I love you even at your worse.'' Cloud said and his words made me smile into the kiss he gave me before he was patting my butt and told me to get a move on with the movie which I rolled my eyes at but obeyed non the less, hurrying up the staircase and into Cloud and I's shared bedroom, turning on my bedside lamp to illuminate the dark bedroom in a warm yellow glow.