Chapter Three

The Bad Boy Is My Baby's Daddy

November 8th 2012
____________________________________
Chapter Three - Terrance Archibald  

''The number you've dialed is unavailable at the moment, please call again or try again later.''

Tears streamed down my flushed cheeks as I sniffled. This must have been the billionth time I've tried to call and only to receive the same message over and over. Though, I was determined and kept trying and kept redialing and kept hoping that maybe, just maybe his voice would greet me, would soothe my worry and heartbreak.

Cloud had disappeared. It was like he just dropped from the face of the planet without so much as a goodbye. I didn't understand how he could just disappear like he has because it made no sense why he'd just up and leave. The rumors have already began, most of them involved him taking leave to go on a killing spree which was totally outrageous.

I knew for a given fact Cloud wasn't some psycho killer. Sure he was mysterious and looked like the total bad boy but I knew a whole other side of Cloud Stryker. A side of him which he granted me access to experience and I was honored to be able to get to know the real him.

Sighing in frustration, I hurried out of the washroom while wiping my eyes with my thumbs to try and clear out the tears as carried out a few more orders. My eyes drifted towards the clock every so often, hoping the hours would go by quickly. I just wanted to head home, curl up and watch a movie, maybe even eat a tub of chocolate ice cream while I'm at it.

''Sweet-pea, are you okay? You don't look well.'' Lucy-Ann asked, resting her hand on my shoulder while her warm hazel eyes glowed with concern. Her wild dark curls were held back with a simple white and black flowered scarf to match her plain black v-neck and dark washed leggings that gave her legs more of a curvy figure, leading down to a pair of plain black ballet flats.

I blinked, giving her a reassuring smile. ''I'm fine, just my mind is somewhere else.'' 

''Oh, I know those types of days.'' She agreed with a sigh. ''Just don't let Carter catch you slacking off in la la land, or we'll never hear the end of it.''

''I heard that!'' Carter barked, poking his head out through the small open window with a glare all while pointing an accusing spatula at Lucy-Ann and I. ''Also, no slacking off!''

Chuckling, Lucy-Ann and I gave him a mock salute which had him grumbling about firing our ungrateful asses. Carter actually owned Stop n' Dine. It had been past down to him by his father; the previous owner. Though, no one would expect Carter to run the joint considering he usually just holed up in the kitchen, cooking up the meals.

He wasn't the stereotypical chef by any means either. He didn't have the beer gut, crowning bald spot, didn't wear dirty white wife beaters and no goatee. He was actually the opposite, a full head of dark curly hair that was always gelled to perfection, dark forest eyes, and a lean build with an overall average height. Carter was an attractive twenty-eight year old man.

''Yo, server! Can I not get something to quench my thirst around here?'' Ryder's obnoxious voice rang through the diner. 

''This is exactly why I hate going out in public with you.'' Carmen deadpanned. ''You're worst than having to babysit my brother.'' I smirked, listening to them bicker as I retrieved two menus from the bin up front before making my merry way to them.

''Now, I also have children menus. They come with a box of crayons.''

''Rude...but I'll take the box of crayons.''