Chapter Twenty-Nine

The Bad Boy Is My Baby's Daddy

February 18th 2013

____________________________________
Chapter Twenty-Nine - Cloud Stryker

''Rain, rain, go away, come back another day,'' I mumbled under my breath, my hand running absentmindedly through Wind's short hair, trying to soothe him back to sleep after being woken up from our parents back and forth yelling but he kept on crying, his salty tears running down his flushed cheeks while he sniffled, trying to muffle his whimpers.

It was storming, and the sound of rain pattering against the rooftop and windows could be heard, along with the thunder that boomed off in the far distance while the only sign of light was the lightning it's self, striking through the darkening sky, illuminating our dark bedroom for a few brief moments.

''Make them stop, make them stop,'' Wind whimpered, burying his face into my Batman pajama shirt. ''So loud, too loud.''

I frowned, unwrapping my arms from around him before sliding out of my bed which immediately set him off into a panic, sitting up and reached back out for me but I shook my head, holding my finger up to my lips and whispered that I'd be back and he should stay put before I exited our shared bedroom, closing the door behind me. I crept down the stairs, listening as the yelling got louder and louder the closer I inched my way towards the kitchen.

''You stupid cunt of a bitch!'' He snarled, his voice was slightly slurred but loud enough to still echo throughout the household and I covered my ears, peeking my head around the corner just in time to see him strike his beefy hand across my mom's face, her head snapping to the side while her dainty hand reached up and cupped her redden cheek. ''I work my ass off, pay the damn bills and you dare fucking think you're gonna leave me and take my children away from me?''

''You're drunk, Henry, you're always drunk and you get so violent—it isn't fair! I will not have my babies grow up with seeing your behavior or God forbid you start to take your intoxicated anger out on them. You've already started on me and I'm done—get out!''

''Like fucking hell, you cunt. This here is my house!'' He snapped, shoving my mother into the island, caging her in while gripping her frightened face in his hands, glaring down at her. ''If anything you'll be the one leaving and you're never gonna see the children again—I'll make bloody fucking sure of it.''

''Henry, let go, you're hurting me!'' Mom snapped, close to tears.

''Shut up!'' I gasped, watching as he threw her aside, causing her to cry out, landing down on her hands and knees.

''Mommy!'' Starr cried, running out from behind me, startling not only myself but him and my mother as well. He curled his lip as Starr attempted to run to our mother's aid but he gripped onto her shoulders, keeping her rooted in place but Starr was having none of that and elbowed him in the gut, causing him to grunt and instead of releasing her, he shoved her away from him.

Starr tripped over her own feet from the force behind the shove and she hit her head right off the island counter top before crumpling to the floor, laying there complely still which had my mother crying out and I was bolting from my hiding spot, running to Starr, my knees sliding against the tiled floor while I frantically tried to wake her.

''Starr!'' I shouted, turning her over onto her back while my mother got up to her feet but my father pushed her back, landing another strike to her face.

''Look at what you made me do!'' He growled. ''You're gonna get what's coming you stupid bitch, I promise--''

''Stop! Stop! Shut up, shut up!'' Wind's young voice sounded, all eyes turning in his direction and mine widening as I realized his hands were raised and clasped in between them was a hand gun, aiming directly at our drunken father who was staring at Wind like he couldn't fathom this scenario ever playing out.