Chapter Twelve

The Bad Boy Is My Baby's Daddy

December 12th 2012
____________________________________
Chapter Twelve - Terrance Archibald

''When are you gonna come home, honey?''

''Soon. I'll come home soon, mum.''

''Soon isn't a proper time or date, Terrance.'' She whispered, sounding on the verge of tears which sent an ounce of guilt to my heart. ''I'm worried about you, baby boy.''

''I'm fine, I just need more time to adjust to everything and take everything in.'' I said, pinching the bridge of my nose. ''...Is dad still on that business trip?''

Silence. I knew I shouldn't have asked that question because it hurt her just much as it hurt me—if not hurt her more. I hadn't been in contact with my dad since his discovery of my pregnancy, not even a lousy text message and I knew my mom was covering up his abrupt disappearance with a lie because she found it easier to then to face the truth.

''Yes, he phoned just the other night and told me there was an extension in his trip.''

''...I need to go, mom. The restaurant is gonna hit lunch hour soon and Lucy-Ann is gonna need some help.'' I murmured, not bothering to listen to her goodbye and hung up, placing the corded white phone into it's cradle.

''Sweetie, you have someone that requested you. He's a nice looking hunk, if I do say so myself.'' Lucy-Ann said, strolling into the back room with a bright smile. Her wild dark curls were done up into a high ponytail with a multicolored silk scarf wrapped around like a headband. She wore a casual black blouse with an assortment of silver necklaces and a pair of tight dark leggings leading down to a silver studded pair of black high heels.

I frowned. ''Which table?''

''Eight, in the back.'' She answered, patting my shoulder as I quickly strode past her and peeked around the corner of the door frame leading out into the main part of Stop n' Dine. The restaurant was still pretty tamed with only a handful of customers happily eating their late breakfast or drinking their morning coffee.

I narrowed my eyes in the direction of table eight, only to have my eyes widen and my feet moving towards the requested destination. ''Wind?''

He glanced up with a flat expression. ''We need to talk.''

I glanced towards Carter but it seemed Lucy-Ann and he were having an in depth conversation. ''Okay, I have some time.''

''You don't exactly seem very enthralled with what I have to say.''

''Well...we haven't exactly spoke to one another.'' I murmured, taking a seat in the booth bench across from him. ''Really, only a few words exchanged, so I don't know what we'd have to discuss--''

''Cloud.''

''What about Cloud...?'' I asked, a frown gracing my lips as I trailed off, waiting for him to elaborate on the subject of my baby's daddy.

''He drank last night.'' I frowned. My father wasn't exactly father of the year, he was an alcoholic businessman with a short temper...''That isn't in the norm for Cloud. I just came here to ask if you'd know the reason behind his abrupt drinking.''

Well, he sorta found out I was pregnant with his child but wasn't really able to believe such an impossible thing. I thought with bitter humor. ''I really don't know--''

''And I know you're lying through your teeth.'' Wind deadpanned, resting his arms against the table. ''He was last with you and I'm not accusing you of anything because I know Cloud can be a major tool but I came here to ask you nicely—what do you know?''