Chapter Six

The Bad Boy Is My Baby's Daddy

November 19th 2012
____________________________________
Chapter Six - Terrance Archibald

''Araki, I'm still pretty sick. I just can't hold in anything I eat.'' I grumbled, feeling rather irritable considering I haven't had a decent night sleep in three days. I didn't know if it was from my sickness, my guilt of forgiving Cloud so easily or once again keeping secrets from Ryder and Carmen.

Either way, I still felt like a pile of shit. Again.

''I'm actually quite glad you came in today. I don't think I would've been able to tell you this over the phone.'' Araki admitted looking uneasy with where this conversation was heading.

I frowned. ''I don't have cancer, do I?''

''What? No, of course not.''

''That's a relief, winter is coming and I don't think I could sport the whole bald look.'' I said, hoping to lighten the mood but Araki still looked uneasy which only seemed to worry me further. ''Araki, I'm getting worried. What's wrong? I'm not dying am I?''

''No.'' She assured with a stern frown. ''The day you past out, I ran blood tests just like I would any other patient.''

''Alright...'' I trailed off, motioning for her to continue.

''I ran them multiple times, each time they came back the same.'' She said, averting her eyes in thought. ''I haven't even showed Lucas the results because I don't believe what I'm about to tell you is even possible.''

This perked my interest. ''I'm Superman, right? Oh, maybe the Hulk? Maybe--''

''Terrance, this is serious.''

''Well, you're not exactly giving me answers.'' I deadpanned, watching Araki pinch the bridge of her nose and mumbled incoherent words under her breath.

Sighing, her gray eyes met with mine. ''Terrance, you may be pregnant.''

Now see, if this was a movie, I would have been spitting water out of my mouth while staring at her in shocked disbelief, my mouth full on gaping before she broke down into a fit of laughter and said just kidding, then when we were old we'd look back on the moment and laugh til our hearts gave out but this wasn't a movie, this was real life and from the dead serious look Araki was giving me made me uncertain whether or not this was an actual joke.

''You're kidding.'' I stated anyway, narrowing my eyes at her. ''Lucas and Winnow put you up to this, didn't they?''

''Terrance--''

''I'm a boy! I can't get pregnant, it's impossible!'' I exclaimed, my breathing becoming laboured. ''You're suppose to be my doctor! Why are you lying to me?''

''Terrance, calm down.'' Araki instructed, standing from her chair and rested her hand on my shoulder, her gray eyes appearing silver from the lighting above her head. ''I'm not lying, I re-tested everything over and over because I didn't believe it myself but Terrance, you may be in fact pregnant and I would like to run some more tests to make sure everything is absolutely positive.''

''S-so, there could be a chance I'm not?'' I questioned, swallowing the lump down my throat.

''Yes, I'm just saying you need to try to accept the fact if it is certain.'' She said quietly. ''Now, I'm not trying to be personal but I need to know if you've had any intimate relations with anyone?''

''Y-yeah, but it was only once that it was unprotected.'' I said, clasping my hands together to keep them from shaking. ''This can't be real. Not even possible.''