chapter 53

UNEDITED

"well khloe, your baby sister is no longer a baby. she now has a significant other and i want to start off payton by saying, i had my doubts about you not too long ago but... you make y/n happy and what mother would i be to not want to see my children happy?"
she started off and payton nodded in agreement.

"i dont want to make this long because i am starving but welcome the family is what im saying" she lifted her hands and cheered.

"thank you" payton answered with a smile . me and payton were playing around and he talked to some people.

the food was good. it tasted better off of paytons plate when he wouldnt notice. he was getting along with everyone and he didnt seem nervous to talk to caitlyn.

"are those my pants?" kylie asked as she looking at my outfit.

"no? i got these from kendall" i simply said.

"i was actually looking for those. i want them back soon" she gave me a glare but we both knew that wasnt going to happen.

"do you want to stay the night? i can drive you to the studio and get breakfast before" i asked payton causing him to remove his eyes from his phone.

"the boys are close so i might just go back with them. im sure you havent started packing yet so maybe tomorrow night we can go to a movie theater. last date before you come to NC" he smiled and tried to lean in for a kiss but i slowly backed up and he looked confused .

"i cant tomorrow... i have a photoshoot with eric after having to reschedule for a while now. if i come back early i can go to sway? we can go from there?"

"yeah just text me" he said and we got up . we were making our way out and as we were all saying goodbye to eachother, we all went our seperate ways.

i got home safely but my mom went with khloe for some odd reason. i got into my pjs and was watching netflix until my phone went off .

it was a weird number. out of curiosity i answered .

"hello?"

"hey y/n this is rhiley"

"oh hey?" i was confused it was her. i was being nice because i cannot have any bad blood with anyone. especially one of paytons good friends.

"so i heard you were coming to north carolina? you must be excited"

"yeah i am. im hoping maybe we can get to know eachother and be good friends" i told her in hopes she agrees so it wont be awkward.

"actually, whenever payton comes hes always with his friends. you know how guys are and they like to hang out with their guy friends and you know? do guy stuff" she said and i knew what she was doing .

"yeah.."

"maybe you should just let payton go so he can have fun. the least you want is to be a drag right?"

"yeah, youre right. thanks rhiley"

"no problem! if you ever want to know anything about payton , remember im his best friend so i'll know" she said before she hung up.

i want payton to have fun with his friends. i started to scroll through videos and saw how happy he looked being with them.

if i did go he wouldn't have as much fun . i decided to sleep on it and think about it tomorrow .
-

it was the morning after and i immediately got dressed and ate breakfast. my mom was taking me so i had time to check my phone .

beb
goodmorning babe, im at the studio
right now but if you can we can go
out and buy lunch?

hey babe
i'll probably have time to go to the diner down on
77th

i'll see you there
love u

u too
read 10:53am

"you okay honey? you look stressed" my mom asked and i let out a sigh.

"i dont think im going with payton tomorrow" i said as i looked at the ring and began to play with it by twisting it around .

"why not? dont you want to see his family? you were so excited! what happened?"

"i do but maybe next time . i have to start taking the modeling thing more serious" i said and after that the whole ride was quiet.

eric and i clicked like we just saw eachother yesterday. it was good because it made the shoot till lunch feel fast.

i left the set and quickly walked to the diner . payton was sitting there and i quickly sat down at the booth .

"i ordered your favorite already and it should come out soon. how much time do you have?"

"it was a 10 minute walk so 10 minutes?"

"wow okay so how was the shoot?"

"im happy im sitting. my legs were killing me from standing so long" i giggled and our food came in.

"how was the studio?" i asked as i took a bite of my salad.

"amazing. i got everything in a hard drive so its good. are you excited for tomorrow?" he asked and my smile faded .

"i dont think im gonna go..."

"why not? i think you were more excited than i am. i have so much planned for us" he chuckled .

"i want you to have fun. i'll be there in spirit" i held his hand and i laughed a little trying to lighten the mood.

"y/n please? i want you to be there. i'll have a lot more fun and be happy with you right next to me" he said and i got up and sat next to him. i held his hand and kissed the back of it.

"why would you change your mind?" he asked .

"it was just a thought. i dont want to hold you back from having fun with your friends."

"its cute youre worrying about my quality time with friends" he laughed and i smiled .

"are you coming?" he asked one last time and i nodded. "great. so i'll see you tonight for movies?"

"you were right about me not packing yet and i wont get off work till 8 being the earliest" i told him and he sighed .

"you are aware of our flight leaving at 2am right? youre not gonna get any sleep"

"i'll sleep through the flight" i shrugged my shoulders. my phone began to go off and my time was up.

"i'll see you tonight" i said as i kissed him goodbye and ran off .