59

A/N : Words on italics on the middle part of the story is the flashback once they recall what happened few hours ago. Salamat po sa pagbasa❤️

***

Chapter 59:
Anew

The comelec chairman was smiling widely, glancing at each competitor for the highest position in the country as he walked in between them all.

"The votes of all Filipino voters were now counted and the result brings good news to one and such grave information to others but--" he stopped as he looked into the paper he was holding.

Leni's hand was shaking for she was nervous, good thing Digong hold it tight and made her calm,"Kalma ka lang ma'am baka himatayin ka na naman," he reminded him since after all his wife still hasn't a decent sleep on the past month.

She just smiled and hugged him close while she felt the warm of a set of hands wrapped around her which were from her daughters doing a family hug.

"Salamat sa lahat, tapos na kung manalo man edi I'll be the president pero kung matalo I'll the best mom and wife you could ever wish for." She positively looked into the future as the comelec chairman was just observing how the candidates would react.

To add more thrill he encircled to each people then which brought them hope they were the one who won which also had given Leni the strength to believe in it until they heard...

"With a 5.6 million difference of votes--" the chairman once again stopped as he heaved a long sigh at the same time the some people had open a drum roll sound which caused more tension to their faces.

"Mahal na mahal kita sir," she whispered in between her breaths as her eyes were shut closed and attentively listening.

"Congratulations madame--"

That word hinted them that it was a female candidate who won but who between Leni and Grace?

"Madame president Leni Gerona Duterte, you will be the president on the term 2022 to 2028." the chairman had finally announced it as all the person in the place were clapping with joy and gladness also in congratulatory to the incumbent vice president.

Unfortunately she wasn't able to hear it as she opened her eyes and asked her husband what's happening, "Sino ang nanalo?" she asked without any idea.

He just smiled as his eyes flickered and scintillate with glee as he holds her hands tight and kissed it, "Congratulations madame president," he formally said it with respect to the third female president of the Philippines.

She jumped out of joy like a child who received a gold medal to her achievement... Her smile was unfazed as she was flabbergasted entirely that taken her aback and tongue-tied when her hands were raised as a sign that she was hereby proclaimed winner of this election.

Her eyes that were filled with tears was wiped off by a handkerchief that was a gift from Digong before thay had come to comelec. She was elated and thrilled to hear it and up till now she can't believe she won.

"Mama, diba sabi namin sayo you can do it... So now the people had decided that you are the perfect person for that job after tatay." Jill remarked while hugging her mother from the back.