24

Chapter 24:
A Wonderful Christmas Gift

All the rest of the months in service was a blast and finally another holiday came to arrive, the most awaited day for both families as for the first time they would be dining together in one place as a whole family in defiance of the fact that the two wasn't married because of some issues they resolved.

Leisurely preparing for such wonderful feast, nativity with the family. Busy cooking this and that, to satisfy one's tongue and enjoy various taste and delicacies just for this time.

Duterte's family had ready their residence to be cleaned and well-arranged after all this celebration was a collaboration of two families--together in one humble abode.

Digong had taken off from his work even before this, he wanted to enjoy this so he even cancelled Leni's appointment just not to miss this.

December 24, 2017
Duterte's Residence
Matinao, Davao
11:56 pm

"Papa, papa..." A voice had awaken him.

Digong was sleeping on the chair near to the kitchen maybe because of exhaustion or being bored with all the worked tasked to him which was nothing.

"Tatay, Christmas na mamaya... Gising na..." Another angelic voice had called for him.

For the second time, he opened his eyes and saw his and her family, playing a role as a whole big family.

Until his sight landed on a single lassie, wearing a navy blue fitted dress with no make-up on the face only those smiles as jewelries she wore--it was Leni supervising the food.

He can't help but to smile to her, until he decided to avert his gaze to the youngest two, "Magkasundo talaga itong dalawa," he happily mumbled.

It was Jill and Kitty who were busy using their phones and exchanging pictures they just captured.

"Ate Jill let's try this new filter on snapchat," Kitty opened up a suggestion, calling the attention of Leni's youngest daughter.

"Sige girl, let's do it pero don't post it okay baka mabuko sina tatay at mama..." Jill answered while reminding kitty to be wise on posting photos on the social media.

Kitty just nodded in response as she took Jill to the living room where the children of her older siblings was playing with their nanny.

He dedided to took off and went back to the dining room to see Aika and Baste helping one another to set the table.

"Pa, tawag ka ni ate," Baste informed his father while waving at him.

Aika and Baste was busy arranging the table for the feast, "Aika diyan mo na lang ilagay," Baste pointed towards a certain part of the table.

"Sige," Aika shortly replied while obeying the command of Baste.

He left the two and proceeded back to the kitchen were he saw...

Sara who was the one in charge to the over all event was with his husband Mans who was still busy in the kitchen, doing a plating to all the foods that was about to be served.

Leni as the co-chairwoman of the so called family gathering committee was busy smiling and watching this surreal scene.

He was left alone with no job to do, a president without work for today or so we thought...

"Bilisan niyo na diyan baste, malapit na mag-midnight..."Sara said to his brother as she placed that last recipe on the center.

He amble to a spot and stopped, as he captured the hands of his dearly beloved.

Leni was observing on the corners while holding his hand, blissfully smiling with such euphoria she's feeling,"Merry Christmas sir," she greeted.

Digong replied with a cheerful voice and state, "I'm happy ma'am, salamat sa regalong ito--ang laki na ng pamilya natin oh..."he shyly mumbled to her ears.

"I love you,"

"I love you--" he was stopped once he heard his children from the living room, doing a countdown.

He holds her hand tightly while walking together to be with their big family.

She smiled willingly and just smile widely upon spectating on the children enjoying to count to mark the celebration to start.

.
.
.
.
.
"10" No one can even imagine this was happening, this was a surreal sight if only the public can know. Both families were happily bonding with one another making it--bliss and cloud nine that no one would ever imagined.
.
.
.
.
.

"9" Once they talked to one another, genuine laughter escaped their gasp while exchanging thoughts to tell that enveloped the whole place makes everything alive and at ease.
.
.
.
.
.

"8" Giggles and shout of excitement were inevitable especially with these thrilling kind of kinds they both had while waiting for the time was surely expected at first but as each second pass by each response and actions were turned out to be unexpected...
.
.
.
.
.

"7" I looked into his eyes and was lost for a while; yes, we were "Enemies on public, lovers on private" --that's the fact and our motto for now.
.
.
.
.
.

"6" Everything was unforeseen as even this had just arrived without before notice. He was smiling, he was happy to see us like this. As it feels like the time was slowing for all of us.
.
.
.
.
.

"5" I'm with him and our family, happily waiting for the time to come... To celebrate, to rejoice and to thanked God what he had given us.
.
.
.
.
.

"4" Now it was only a number to tell while simply awaiting for the clock to tick and tock at 12' o clock.
.
.
.
.
.
"3" So for the first time, our Christmas was a new thing for all of us. I was with him without a doubt, the president was with his vice was a new one...
.
.
.
.
.
"2" Because I was in his arms, safely resting without a doubt... He was my haven, my ethereal, my solace and my love.
.
.
.
.
.
"1" Alas, finally within his abode, I claimed him and his family as mine.

I heard them yeal out of joy, simultaneously saying, "Merry Christmas!" while throwing off the confetti you bought.

I wished this was to last for a lifetime despite the fact that this will only be a memory once this day ends but we can still make new memories and that with us being free from commitments and peacefully living.

"Hanggang sa huling hininga, ikaw lang Rodrigo ang mamahalin nitong Leonor na iyong minahal at kinilala--tiyak kong wala ng hihigit pa sa pangulong gaya mong nagpakumbaba... Makuha lang ang atensyon ko at matamis na oo sa kabila ng mapagkutyang madla. Ika'y siya ngang natatangin sapagkat alam mo kung paano ako patawanin kahit walang ginagawa--

Mahal na mahal kita, aking pangulo."

***

A/N : so the last part po was all VP Leni's POV, sana po hindi kayo naguluhan. Salamat po sa walang sawang pagsupporta at pagbasa❤️