22

Chapter 22:
Secrets Revealed

"Ma'am sorry na man talaga," Digong said his sorry to Leni after they were in a quarrel a while ago.

Leni just looked at him angrily while arms that were crossed, "Tigil-tigilan mo ako Rodrigo, tinanong mo ako kung kailan ko gusto magpakasal kaya sumagot ako yun pala may plano ka na na iba tapos sasabihin mo sa aking next year na lang--tapatin mo nga ako," she infuriatedly shouted. She was definitely scorned since their supposed to be wedding was halted due to some circumstances and now it was already pass the 18th day of June.

Well it was a good thing that the president's office was sound proof making their loud conversation out of coverage from the outside.

Digong firmly stand up and walked to Leni afore speaking back and explaining everything to her, "Love, next year kasi masyado tayong pinag-iinitan ng media matapos tayong makitang magka-sama... I've received a threat--I mean a death threat that was supposed to be sent to you. I blocked it so you won't know, Leni someone in your office or mine is a leech that sends of details that we are already engaged making you my number 1 weakness--"he stopped for a while as she catches his breath after talking fast and loud yet calm.

She was merely listening and looking unenthusiastic of what her fiance was saying, her brows furrowed waiting for Digong to continue for she was impatient on this issue.

"Ma'am we need to act as rivals and enemies again like what happened before, ikaw ang target ng mga kalaban ko and I don't want to lose you because of me... I love you so much that I would rather die than to hurt you." He finished off with a solemn hug to Leni.

A furious heart and emotion was melted over that statement of his making Leni soft and blush at the moment and can't help but to feel butterflies as it keeps playing on her mind endlessly.

"Please ma'am sorry na, magpapakasal pa rin tayo... Tingnan mo oh, malapit na ang 2018."he tried and tried to change the mood of Leni while pointing unto the calendar without knowing his lady was already smiling.

She had glared into Digong acting furious despite it was driven away, she wanted to continue this short misunderstanding to test him further.

"Ma'am man, sorry na... Di na ako gagawa muli ng ikakagalit mo," he pleaded while looking at Leni with his sobbing eyes that shines because of the tears.

"Except from this mishap, ano pa ang ginawa mo Rodrigo ha? Sabihin mo na nga saakin lahat bago ko pa malaman sa iba?" she refuted back as a thought ticked her anger once again after she heard what Digong just said.

"Naku, Digong malaman ko lang na may babae ka ako mismo ang papatay sayo at sa higad man na kung sino!" she shouted to herself while her body shaking out of madness and her hand that was formed into fist, ready to punch anyone that will make her blow off the fuse.

Digong had been on his knees in front of Leni, unable to look her in the eyes so he did gaze into the floor and weakly murmured, "Pumunta ako sa marawi ma'am para malikas ang mga tao,"

She didn't expected it to be that problem for she expected something about him having women to satisfy him but unfortunately it was more than that.

She wasn't ready to hear such making her eyes widened upon hearing the confession from his own mouth, she unconsciously slapped his face forcefully and had taken a seat out of shocked.

"Di ko man sinadya ang pagpunta roon mismo noong araw, kung namatay ako ma'am doon alam ko naman na maganda ang hahawak ng pilipinas dahil--ikaw yun."He added with his voice of sorrow and sorry without complaining the slapped he received.

Finally Leni was able to open her mouth and speak,"Ano diba sabi ko sayo wag ka doon pupunta, pero ano ang ginawa mo--pinagsinungaling mo pa ang mga anak mo para diyan sa kahibangan mo. Rodrigo naman, ayaw ko maging presidente kung pwede nga lang na umalis na ako sa pwesto at mamuhay ng gaya dati."She revealed as tears starts to fall from her eyes.

Digong didn't have the courage to state another thought, he was vulnerable to see his love crying because of his rash decision from before. He merely stand and touched Leni's hand, holding it tight and close to his heart.

"Ma'am yun lang kasi ang paraan, I'm willing to risk my life for my country and for my family especially--you." He professed while escaping the treacherous wrath of Leni in her eyes.

Each second that passed by, Leni leaned towards him and reciprocated the gesture of veracity and gently pat his back,"Sir," she called him.

Later that time, she felt the warmth of his touch and knew his sincerity ardently showing on his eyes, "Sir, alam ko na trabaho ko yun pero sana hindi bilang fiance mo ako--kahit bilang pangalawang pangulo sinabi mo sana." She said calmly and hushed comforting voice, a soothing sound to hear.

"Ma'am I won't do it again, ikaw nga diba ang boss ko. Sana mapatawad mo ang hindi kagwapuhang ito," he jested despite his cries trying to cheer up him and her with a joke calling himself ugly.

A smile just arched through Leni's face as she stopped from crying seeing the efforts of this man once again just to make her smile.

A set of hands was intertwined to her body, an embrace that brought a bond by the time making each other to lean their heads to one another's shoulder and said...

"I love you so much Ms. vice president,"

"I love you too, Mr. President."

Both professing their love for each other again in again making the time stopped and be a ceaseless moment, eyes that both crossed and deeply gaze into each soul speaking in silent with only smiles and tears that falls--it was such a scene but they didn't bother at all... Expressing their feelings for one another was much better than hiding it because being true to thyself was being true to others.

A solemn and sincere sight to view, as both sides had given their forgiveness... Reconciliation between the two which made the bond even stronger.

To be continued...

***

A/N : Medyo madrama tong scene na 'to kasi naman patago-tago pa ehh malalaman naman. See you on the next chapter, love you mga di inaasahan❤️