6

A/N : 3 out of 5 na. Good evening po, sana po magustuhan niyo ang chapter na 'to. Salamat in advance po sa pagbasa. Xoxo

***

Chapter 6:
Song of Love

Digong can't sleep after their dinner, he keeps seeing Leni's on each corners of his room, "Leni anong ginawa mo saakin?" he keeps questioning himself with that.

Bakit ganito?

Gagi bakit ikaw pa?

His mind was entirely wondering all around, contemplating how to ease his obscure and ambiguous feelings from the start, he was in such topsy-turvy situation because of unsureness.

From the very first he saw Leni on the debate before election, he felt something else as if he was struck by a series of arrows by cupid that made him this--a madly in love president with his vice.

He stopped asking himself as he heard a song for the radio that was on the whole time--it captured his attention...

A mellow rhythm filled with love and affection for the one the song was offered, a music for a person who endlessly love someone and eager to get the one he loves soon.

Wise men say
Only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you

Shall I stay?
Would it be a sin?
If I can't help falling in love with you?

Like a river flows
Surely to the sea
Darling, so it goes
Some things are meant to be

So, take my hand
Take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you

"Ano naman 'tong kanta na 'to lakas naman makatama," he thought of while giving off a sigh, thinking what may happen for tomorrow or in the future.

Another day to rise, it was almost lunch time when he woke up but he doesn't have many commitments for today technically saying he was partially free.

Simply scribbling in his office, notes on the meeting he attended the day before just to spent his time productively.

A knock halted him from continuing it was Bong, "Mayor, may bisita ka..." Bong informed him.

In a snap of a finger, Digong straighten his stand and fixed himself while personally opening his door and welcome the so called guest.

"Bai, bihis na bihis ha...sinong inaabangan mo?" Yasay jested while patting the shoulders of the president.

"Gaging akala ko si Leni na," he hissed and abashed at the same time. He thought it was Leni but unfortunately not.

"Ay sus, inimbita mo ba? Bakit mo hinihintay? Kayo na ba?" Yasay bombarded him with a horde of questions to ask.

"Isa-isa lang bai, mahina ang kalaban." he replied to his friend.

"Inimbita mo na naman?"

"Hindi,"

"Bakit mo hinihintay?"

"Batukan kita diyan huwag kang tatawa, nanaginip ako kagabi na pupunta siya kaya ganoon."

"Talaga nga naman ang pag-ibig..."

A flash of light from the cellphone of Digong have stopped the two, it was a text message making the president rush back to his seat and read it.

VP Leni:
Good afternoon,

Sir I'll be going to your office by 3pm, I just need to pass some reports personally for you to check and review. I hope you are not busy.

"Ayon na nga," Yasay teased him once more but Digong can't help the feeling being in a cloud nine once again as if he was nearly floating in air with only blissful memories to see.

"Aalis na ako baka maka-abala pa," Yasay jested but also bidding his farewell since he had just gave a quick visit to the president.

Yasay did left the room but Leni was already near the door as well, "Hinihintay ka na niyan, kanina pa..." he said to the VP.

Leni entered seeing Digong walking around with unease face maybe out of nervousness or what, "Sir," she called.

"Good afternoon ma'am," Digong greeted back as he takes his seat.

"Aligaga ka ata sir, is there something bothering you?" she asked with concern.

"Wala naman ma'am gaya nga ng sinasabi mo lagi may inaalala lang,"he answered in a joking way, returning what the VP always say.

"Nakaka-istorbo po ba ako sir?" she questioned while sitting as well after placing the reports on the table.

"Hindi naman ma'am, sandali lang ho..."he excused himself whilst taking a call.

"Sir, andiyan na ba si VP Leni? " the man on the other line of the phone asked, it was Bong.

"Oo, andito na..." he shortly replied.

"Ipadala ko na ba sir?"

"Sige,"

And the call ended.

He takes a seat in front of Leni while gently touching her hand, "ang lambot," he thought of.

"Sir?" she bluntly asked while taking her hand back, and covering some parts of her legs that was exposed with her bag.

"Ay sorry ma'am, pasensya na ang lambot-lambot pala kasi nang kamay mo..." he skittishly replied.

A chuckle was made by the sanguine lips of Leni while she observed how the president responded to her question, "Walang problema sir, can I invite you for a coffee or tea outside?" she asked with glee.

Wide smile arched through the face of the president, he wasn't surprise after all this was what he saw on his dreams, "Sige ba ma'am," he responded.

"Ano pa ang tinitingin mo diyan halika na," she exclaimed while taking the hands of the president and dragging him out of the room.

But actually she was the one who was surprised...

The staff of the president and Bong himself was standing outside the door while holding one roses each--it was not red or whatsoever, it was now a colored yellow roses with red tips meaning someone who offers such was indeed falling in love.

"Sir ano 'to?" Leni asked with astonishment for her eyes flickered with such excitement and glee.

From behind Digong himself was personally singing, "Wise men say only fools rush in, but I can't help falling on love with you..."despite his voice, he sang confidently without hesitation.

"Ma'am, good afternoon ulit..." Digong now goes out of the room, holding a much more bigger bouquet.

The hallways was filled with squeals and cheers from all the person witnessing such moment but most importantly Leni was smiling because of it. Crowd even continue to back up the president--continuing the song that filled the demesne with such love in the air.

"Salamat--" Leni stopped for a while, receiving each roses from the crowd before taking the most important one... "Digong," she continued and now saying no formalities but only the nickname of the president.

She can't help but to smile, she was thrilled and excited at the same time for also she can't help falling in love with--

you.