8

A/N : Yehey another chappy... Last update for today, I hope you will like this one like the previous chapters. Dubredo for the win. Happy reading❤️

***

Chapter 8: The Call

They all entered the said place making the first few minutes an awkward situation, Leni was seated with her daughters meanwhile Digong was doing a solo flight on the other side of the sala.

A tap made by Jill broke the lingering silence at the moment as she speaks, "Ma, hindi mo man lang ba aalokin si tatay ng kahit tubig man lang?" she asked.

Without a doubt Leni was left in shock once she heard one of her daughters call Digong as "tatay".

"Jill, what did you just say?" Leni asked for she wants to confirm something.

"Mama, Jill told you to offer drinks to tatay..." Aika repeated that word again.

This things made her more confused on what was happening making her massage her temples to ease the stress, "Anong pinagsasabi niyo, kakahiya kay presidente." She told the three while looking at each one of them.

"Ma'am wala naman pong problema sa tawag nila saakin, ang ganda nga po na may dagdag akong mga anak." Digong jested while taking a short glimpse on the ladies.

"Excuse us for a minute sir," she excused herself and her three daughters while making her way to the kitchen area.

Aika, Tricia and Jill just followed their mother.

"Ma, bakit po?" Tricia dared to ask her mother.

"Bakit ganyan yung tawag niyo kay presidente?" Leni answered with a query since she's quite lost on what was happening.

"Si presidente ang nagsabi saamin na ganoon ang itawag namin sa kanya," Aika bubbly replied.

"Nameet niyo na siya in person? I mean before here? Where? How?" Leni was filled with unanswered questions so she bombarded them all to her children.

"Tatay did meet us months ago to gain our vote and permission,"

"He visited us in Naga, school and work as well..."

"In a simple explanation ma, nanligaw muna siya saamin before you."

Leni was tongue-tied after hearing the answers of her daughters, leaving her speechless.

"Tapos ma, tatay was the reason why we are here right now... He said that today he will formally asked you kung pwede ba siyang manligaw," the youngest child added.

All of take glances on the president patiently waiting and alone on the living room while he was busy mesmerising the place.

" Bakit di niyo sinabi saakin?"Leni asked again but this time she's quite mad but deep inside she's melting after she knew that Digong firstly gained the trust of her daughters before asking her out.

"Kasi nga ma, para surprise." Aika instantly answered.

"We will continue discussing this but for now we need to go back to our guest." Leni instructed her three daughters before going back.

A few steps and they're back at the living room once again, "Mukhang seryoso pinag-usapan niyo," Digong dared to speak up first.

Leni didn't waited any second to inquire when did all this thing happened, "Digong, kailan pa?" she said.

"Two months after we took oath," Digong responded while hiding his excitement on this day.

"Matagal na ma, o kita mo."Jill intruded the conversation while she laugh on how her mother reacts.

"So matagal na, bakit ngayon niyo lang sinabi?" She asked again.

"One week ago lang nila ako pinayagan ma'am," Digong replied while giving a shy smile.

"Tay, sana mapasagot mo si mama ng oo para hindi masayang ang pagtawag namin sayo..."Tricia jested making them all chuckle and laugh, well except for Leni who was staring at them dead serious.

"Opo, gagawa ako ng paraan para mapasagot ko ang mama niyo," He assured the daughters of Leni.

"So--" Aika interrupted such conversations with a hanging thought.

"Ano Aika?" Leni throw an inquiry to her daughter while her face having a questionable look.

"Ma, can tatay stay for dinner since we actually almost done," Aika continued to talk.

"Sir, okay lang po ba?" Leni asked that question to Digong.

"Opo naman ma'am tutal mismo sina Aika ang nagluto," he replied while giving a reassuring smile for a second time.

About an hour had passed and all the preparations were done, making them all seat in one table like a complete family.

Eating silently and savouring such home cooked meal.

Bong entered the scene as soon as digong finished his meal, "Mayor, kailangan ka po sa Malacanang." he informed Digong.

"Sige na sir, salamat po ulit." Leni bids her farewell to the president as soon as he left the table might as well the condominium.

After five minutes of deafening silence finally one of them spoke, "Mama, you know tatay did his best just to make us say yes..." Jill happily shared what she had in mind.

"Ma pagwala kang planong sagutin si tatay hindi na uli kami papayag na may manligaw sainyo," Aika jested.

"Ayaw na namin ma maging back to zero ulit ang trust sa kung sino mang lalaki." Tricia added but she was so serious making the other laugh even her mother.

Leni just can't help to wonder what did Digong do to her children especially to Tricia enabling them to say yes and give their trust to him, just thinking about it make her blush and feel such butterflies on her stomach.

All starts well might as well end well; a smile that started it all, now unravelling a new chapter of each lives.

Up till now she was still in awestruck, mesmerising the flowers she got from the one and only--President as if she was day dreaming, freely floating on endless bliss and ecstasy.

You really know how to make a woman fall for you--Mr. President.

"Mama," Aika called her yet nothing.

"Pabayaan niyo na si mama, baka nagmomoment lang yan." Tricia halted the two from furthermore bugging their mother.

But unfortunately Jill was persistent so she had an idea, "Uy, mama!" Jill exclaimed making Leni snapped back to reality.

They were just about to watch a movie between lovers that she can really relate into.

This time it was only her and her daughters, bonding together and off from her stressful work.

A simple smile once again was painted on her face as she looks back into what happened before and now.

She found her solace and that was--

Him.

To be continued...