4

A/N : Update! Update ahead. Sana po magustuhan niyo ito. I'll be posting 5 chapters for today, gumana ng maayos si utak😂

***

Chapter 4: Dinner in
the Palace

The morning came and it was a different one, a nocturnal person like the president who would surely be still asleep in his comfy bed was now wide awake which was only seven in the morning was indeed peculiar.

He was sitting on his swivel chair while he wrote something on a piece of paper, 'Good morning ma'am' with a smiley face on the end.

A knock was heard from his door and he responded, "Pasok ka Bong, nakabili ka ba?" He asked immediately once he saw Bong entered his room.

Bong did brought a bouquet of peony flower with pink and lavander roses as its accent--beautifully arranged of course.

"Ako pa," Bong boasted whilst giving the bouquet to his boss and laugh.

"Bakit ka tumatawa?" Digong questioned out, he was so serious about it.

"Mayor grabe tama natin ha," Bong replied with a humor of course.

"Punta tayo sa office ni ma'am," Digong directed as he finished placing the note on the flowers, he was so determined and confident about it this time.

In a sec, the car and convoy was ready the president would personally give the flowers to the vice president nonetheless this was anew even for him.

It was almost a year already that they assumed the two highest position but everything in their lives remains the same--on how they live it.

Once he was on his way to the OVP, many staff of that office greeted him good morning might as well brought suspicions and rumors but still the kilig factor beats all of those.

He twisted the knob, opening the door... The office was still empty so he decided to left the flowers on the table since he knew it was still early even for Leni.

8'o clock

"Sino nagbigay nito?" Leni asked while her heart was flattered by such sweet small actions of a man even though she still doesn't know who was the sender.

"Si presidente po," a staff giggled once she saw a faint blush on the cheeks of her boss afore leaving the office.

Leni decided to place it on a vase since it would be more wonderful to see it in front of her.

Fast forward...

All day long she kept taking a glimpse on the said flowers that brings her smile turning her face red as a cheery tomato. Butterflies in her stomach as a metaphor speaks, she felt loved once she knew the meaning of the colored roses.

A ring from her phone had distracted her, it was a text...

She opened it and saw 'good afternoon ma'am, kumusta?' sent by Digong himself.

Leni can't keep up her feelings, she was delighted and thrilled that after all a long hour of work there was someone asking how is she.

She replied, 'okay naman po sir, salamat sa pabulaklak pala."

Her response made Digong lost for words on his office.

"Bong, may schedule pa ba ako?" he asked since he had an idea on mind.

"Wala na mayor," Bong replied pronto.

With that Digong replied something to Bong which made him tittered with the idea.
.
.
.
.
.
Digong reached the office of the vice president.

"Ma'am pwede bang pumasok?" he inquired to the lady who was almost done with her work as well.

"Pasok ka sir," Leni reacted.

"Nakaka-istorbo ba ako ma'am?"

"Naku hindi naman sir,"

"Talaga ba?"

"Oo nga sir ang kulit, ano nga po pala at napapunta ka dito?"

"Aayain sana kita for dinner..."

"Salamat sir pero uuwi ako sa naga ngayon sir."

"Ah, talaga ba... Sige next time nalang, ingat ka sa biyahe."

"Salamat sir,"

After that Digong left unspoken, he was despondent on what happen but still he tries to smile since he just went off the vice president's office.

He dialed a number, "Bong cancel mo na," he commanded while his voice was indeed sad which was noticed by Leni who was just behind him while walking on the hallways.

"Sir," She called for him which made Digong to stop talking and gaze at the lass.

"Bukas na pala ako uuwi ng Naga, ano nga po ulit yung alok mo?" She jested with a smile on her face.

"Ah, ma'am dinner sana tayo sa bahay pangarap..." he shyly answered while slightly titling his head.

"Sige sir," she simply vowed which made Digong feel like he was on a cloud nine, an answer he was waiting to hear from the beginning of this conversation.

He continue to speak with Bong on the phone and said that make everything done once they arrived and Bong did what he was told.

The garden was set into somewhat a 5-star outdoor restaurant with first seat to star gazing section.

Leni found herself flabbergasted on what she just saw, "Sir you didn't have to," she mumbled whilst leaning close to the other side which was where Digong was.

"Ma'am bihira man tayo magdinner kagaya nito kasi lagi naman tayo nag-aaway in public," He uttered with hesitation since it might be a bad topic to be brought out of the blue.

"Kung gayon Sir, thank you and by the way yun nga po palang statement ko don't mind it... Sanayan nalang ho tayong dalawa sa ganito." She thanked him while suggesting something on her mind.

"Yun ba sus Leni no problem," he jested, assisting Leni to take her seat like a gentleman would.

The waiter served there meal already first the appertizer which was indeed tasty, next was the main course--a gaelic steak served with mushroom soup.

It was a mesmerising sight for Duterte to see his vice president enjoying her meal without stress nor problem to talk about with this he didn't foresee a bright radiant smile was already painted across his face--just seeing her lady close tonight.

He saw a single piece of rice on her face so he decided to go closer to her and took it with his towel which startled Leni, "Sorry sir," she was apologetic thinking Digong that she may be found unclean with that gesture of hers not noticing there was something left.

"Bakit ka nagsosorry ma'am?"

"Wala lang naman sir,"

"Masarap ba? I mean na enjoy mo ba ang dinner?"

"Yes, masarap talaga..."

"Thank you dahil pumayag ka,"

"Salamat rin po sa pag-imbita."

And the night of both dignitaries was filled once again with laughter that made them in a bliss of the happiness they received after such tiring work.

To be continued...

-

A/N : What do you think po? Will they share another time for one another or their just so busy doing their own thing? Happy reading po sa next part❤️