52

Chapter 52:
Fighting side by side

"Tandaan mo ma'am kung ako'y kailangan mo, ako ay laging nasa tabi mo lang." Digong reassured Leni with a confident look and wide smile across his face. They were only talking on the phone since he was in Malacanang meanwhile she was in the OVP.

"Salamat po Mr. President, aasahan ko yan. I love you." Leni replied with a hint of embarrassment as she completely turned her cheeks red, melting over because of what he had just said.

"I love you too, Mrs. Vice president." he replied with a clingy tone yet with another endearment in mind.

She just smiled and be thrilled. "Trabaho na tayo sir kasi baka dumugin tayo ng mga pilipino kung malaman nilang naglalandian tayo sa gitna ng office hours." She jested whole laughing about it, she can't believe she just said that so her giggles were genuine and candid.

"Sus, ikaw ang dudumugin ko after work hours." he slyly replied with a quite seductive tone hinted on his behalf.

She was shocked to hear it as she responded quickly, "Ang dumi talaga ng utak mo kahit anong oras, lahat ng sasabihin ko may ibang topic kang naaassociate. Bye na." she

It was already on the half of the year, June to be exact as couples of months had been spent inside each and everyone's houses because of this pandemic.

Even the classes hasn't started yet due to the risks that many students might be infected with the virus and it's not the future we wanted.

The jobs were slowly returned one by one but with so many prohibitions and precautions for their safety as well.

The office of the president was busy being the spearhead of all on-going projects, ideas and many things to compile in the amidst of this pandemic. After all Digong was on the executive branch and the leader of the country.

Meanwhile the office of the vice president was busy on terms of bringing relief goods to different parts of the country needing this help of hers to support many Filipino families avoiding them to suffer hunger because of they're having insufficient financial issues and difficulties.

Leni was busy checking all the purchases done by her office as she was taking a glance on each boxes that had just been delivered. She was wearing an N95 mask on her casual clothes that can just be simplified as a pair of pants and long-sleeves.

"Ma'am complete na po ang delivery for today." her assistant informed her with a meter distance from were she was standing.

She turned her gaze to her assistant and smiled even though it was hidden by the mask but her eyes can say she was delighted to hear it,"Ganoon ba, sige pwede na rin kayong umuwi ng maaga... Magpahinga naman kayo kahit paano, salamat sa lahat ng tulong niyo." She stated with ecstatic tone of voice.

Her assistant just nodded and waited for her to finish what she was doing.

Well, she was walking around the whole room to see if all the items they ordered were placed accordingly for easy access and transportation. Her hand that was slipping through each boxes, "Sana matapos na 'to at para hindi na medical equipments ang ipamimigay kundi mga regalo na magbibigay ngiti sa kanilang mga labi." She thought while her mind was looking for the bright and positive future ahead.

Once she's done, she walked outside and waited for her ride to arrive in front of the office.

Meanwhile in the Malacanang Palace where President Rodrigo was accompanied with all his cabinet members discussing certain matters to be used as an action against covid to have a more successful and efficient way to contain the spread.

The Spokeperson glanced at each gentlemen and ladies around him, "Dapat mas paiktingin natin ang contact tracing." Roque suggested as he observed the current way of contact tracing was slow to immediately contacted the others who had interaction with covid patients.

"Testing stops sa kalsada, dagdag checkpoints!" an enthusiastic way to convey had been done by Bong since he was also in the room.

Digong listening, being attentive to the on going serious conversation while playing with his pen that travel through one finger to the other which helps him to think.

The secretary of health, Doque was jotting down notes with all the suggestions he gained from his fellow secretary as he remembered something, "Kailangan na rin natin bumili ng mga medical supplies sapagkat nagkukulang na." he informed the others with the shortage of PPEs, surgical and N95 masks, face shields and so on so forth.

"Transportation of LSIs of the Balik probinsya project should be fast and unhassled, make sure everyone is still observing social distancing inside the vehicles." transportation secretary Arthur Tugade added regarding on that matter.

He was so seriously looking with his eyes sharply staring as if he was concentrating on something and that was a thought lingering on his mind.

"Classes should also start soon, maiiwanan na ang mga bata kumpara sa ibang bansa," Secretary Briones interfered but she just received a disagreement from the other members.

"We can't risk the future of our country, if we let that happen ma'am maybe their won't be a future for us." Meldieldea argued which made the room in such tension.

Despite the ongoing argument, the cabinet Secretary, Leoncio Evasco Jr. had been observing the president quite sometime now until he finally gained some courage to call him,"Mr. President,"he called for his attention.

With that he was snapped back to reality as he was about to speak but before that he heave a sigh then said, "Do what is must, ngayon tayo kailangan ng bayan." he affirmed while relentlessly looking at all of them. He know and trust the capabilities of his cabinet so he's confident that the Philippines can go through this pandemic soon with the vice president by his side.

His phone had rang which silenced the session, he took it and saw who's calling at the moment and pronto he answered it, excusing himself from all.

Mostly all of these cabinet members had been gossiping and teasing him again after rushing our of the session room with that they already presumed who just called.

"Good evening ma'am," he greeted happily to the person on the other line of the phone who was Leni.

"Patapos ka na ba sir sa meeting mo?" she asked while wondering if he was already off to go home.

"Malapit na ma'am matapos, bakit ka po pala napatawag?" he inquiried with a curious look on his face.

"Ah ganoon po ba, sige sir tapusin mo na yan tapos uwi ka na ha... May pag-uusapan tayo since I had several suggestions in mind." She answered while informing him what was the reason behind just unexpected call from her.

"Babye ma'am, makakatulong yang mga ideas mo because you're plans always work well." he complemented her with an elated voice.

And the call was ended.

To be continued...