27

Chapter 27:
Inflicted wounds caused by Love

"Ma, please just stay here..." Jill begged for her mother to stay on their house after what jut happened.

But Leni just gave a faint smile to her children before leaving, "Malacanang tayo ngayon..." She said to the driver with a calm tone to hide the pain and suffering she was in.

"Please let me explain Digong, it was not me. I hope you won't believe that hoax video in media." She hoped for while her eyes ardently showing her sadness and fear as a set of tears trickle.

Once they arrived, there was a set of reporters on the outside wanting to have the president's statement regarding this national issue especially it involves the second highest official of the government.

"Huwag muna po tayong, tutuloy." She told so to her driver because she knew that this reporters would recognise her car and interview her with such questions she doesn't want to answer.

But with series of unlucky scenarios for today--her car was spotted 20-meters away from the entrance as those hungry reporters pursued her just to get her comment regarding that matter.

"Manong bababa nalang ako, tapos ituloy mo lang ang pagmaneho..." She asked for the help of her driver as she was dropped of over an alley in the area of Malacanang.

"Ma'am payong niyo po," the driver informed her but it was too late as she already left.

Luckily, the media took the bait and undoubtedly followed her car all the way to the reception house in Quezon.

It was raining heavily as predicted by pag-asa brought by amihan, huge raindrops shower the whole place with water and even the clouds were still thick and dark.

In between of the rain, a pair of hands had pulled her into the dark part as it complete made her nervous and scared all of a sudden, "S-sino ka?" she asked while being petrified.

"Ang tigas talaga ng ulo mo no," it was a voice of a man as his face was still a mystery.

"Please magpapaliwanag ako, it was not me who was on the video--please believe me." She begged whilst tears started to fall on her cheeks once again.

She immediately recognised the voice and knew it was the president that saved her again from the shame of what was said on the national news.

"Huwag dito, doon tayo sa opisina ko..." Digong suggested for their security was compromised if they stay in this narrow passageway. And also both of them were wet by the rain.

With his PSGs as guide they reached the office without harm even after passing through a short cut that was known to be the escape route of the president in case something would happen.

Digong just languidly stare at her straightforward without a reaction on his face to start with.

Leni, please huwag mo ng dagdagan pa ang mga kasinungalingan mo.

"Hindi ako ang nasa video Digong, lagi kitang kasama and if I'm not with you I'm with my kids... Please believe in me, you know I can't do such a thing to you and to myself." She explained on her knees, looking down to the floor and soaking wet.

He didn't replied for he just made her to stand up and face him straight in the eyes.

"Sir, please kahit ipa-examine mo pa ako kung mag-match ang features ko sa babae sa video. Please Digong now I'm asking you for help, I needed you as my lover not as my president." She pleaded, even letting her raging emotions of sadness and guilt run through despite the fact that it was truly not her.

He didn't even opened his mouth to reply, tightly gripping Leni's shoulder making her to shout in pain,"Sir, ang sakit... Let go." she struggled to escape his grasp.

Galing mo namang umarte sa harap ko, talaga lang... Leni I already know the truth behind that video.

Finally a word escape his mouth and speak, "Leni, tama na husto na. Pinasuri ko na yan sa NBI for its validity and yes the video was legit. And even there was a date actually, remember 18th of February--the day we were supposed to have dinner and you decline. P*t* kaya pala ayaw mo kasi may iba kang g*g*ng kasama sa kama," he refuted furiously while letting go of her. He was angered and enrage after realising this respected lady in front of her can do such immorality and plus factor they left an evidence.

"Digong naman, hindi nga ako yun. I was in a family dinner back in Naga kaya I declined. Sino ba naman ang nagconfirm na ako yan ha? Kasi ba kaparehos ko ng damit, relo, sapatos, hikaw o kahit ano pa mang suot ng babaeng yan." She shouted back while wiping of her tears and stopped herself from begging.

He merely looked at her with a disgusted look,"Yan, sa Naga oo alam ko... Doon nga rin yan kuha sa isang kilalang hotel." He revealed more information of what the Intel he garnered before their encounter.

She looked at him confused while reminiscing herself with the memories she had on naga that night until a thought came across her mind,"Eh, pano na sa hotel na hindi nga ako lumabas ng bahay kasi ayaw ni mama. Kung hindi ka naniniwala saakin sige tanongin mo pati sina mama at mga anak ko, sama mo na rin ang mga kapit-bahay." She angrily replied.

"Kahit interviewhin ko ang buong Naga, the damage had been inflicted already Leni. You crushed my heart into pieces because of that--parang bigla nalang naglaho ang isang importanteng bagay na pinakaka-ingatan ko at alam mo na ikaw yun." He whispered on her ears before going to his seat.

The place was in between such heated and defensive argument where Leni kept explaining herself meanwhile Digong was already decided on what he knew about this.

"I never expected you to be like this. You tarnished your name and the whole administration, you're a disgrace to this country... Leave my office now and that's an order as your president." with a serious aggravated look added with authoritarian voice, he commanded Leni to step away from his office like she's a piece of trash.

"Dali mo namang maniwala parang di ka man lang magkasala, sige aalis ako pero never step on myself and the way I do my job. You are definitely crossing the line Rodrigo." She refuted as a forceful slapped hit Digong's face caused by her outrage.

She walked away while covering her face with her handkerchief for her eyes were red and still crying.

I'm sorry Leni but I can't forgive you for now. My heart was devastated on what I know and it needs some time to mend and heal for me to give you a chance to speak.