51

Chapter 51:
Aide to Filipinos

Despite the bad news that reckon with the office of the vice president regarding covid-19 positive staffs, the employees of the said place remained benevolent and dauntless which mostly all of them had volunteered to work there even the so called work from home was already issued way back then.

From a previously well tidy place had been turned into somewhat stock room filled with countless sack of rice, sugar, flour and any thing on it, then boxes containing canned goods, noodles and complete set toiletries as well. One by one, personally packed equally to be distributed to the far flung barangay that's needing these ration in the amidst of pandemic.

People without income, families suffering from hunger since their was no money to be gained after all many jobs had been stopped for everyone's safety--vice president Leni want to solve this problem and help the Filipino people to survive this problem without harming anyone because of many problems from financial, physical, emotional and other different aspects with difficulties nowadays.

Mostly all of these items were donated by various of companies, private sectors and people with a kind heart that was willing to help their fellow countrymen. The office had also purchased how many millions worth of medical supplies to be used and will be beneficial for all.

"Ma'am maraming-maraming salamat po," a young lady had said with a wide smile on her face with cheeks as red to express her gratitude to all the kind deeds that the vice president had given and served the country.

Leni was so fluttered about what she just heard as she can't help but to widen her smile and say something in return, "Walang ano man po, dapat nga po ako ang magpasalamat sainyo sapagkat kayo ay sumusunod sa mga batas na nailathala ngayon." She replied with a joyous tone, despite her smile being hidden by the mask... Her eyes tell it all.

Due to the implemented social distancing and protocols they remained standing in a meter apart distance.

After the short conversation, she walked back inside where a long table was on the center of hall where they once received the guests and now turned into a repacking area.

"Ma'am good morning," one of her staff has greeted her excitedly with a waving hand and smile.

She nodded in reply, "Good morning din, salamat ha sa pagvolunteer kahit na pwede naman kayong magtrabaho sa bahay." she said with hands waving on air...she's so happy and contented to have her ever hardworking staffs of hers.

Day by day everyone were so busy doing all their jobs and responsibilities despite being tired and sleepy... they still did their work efficiently without hassle.

Many people were so thankful for all her actions despite not being part of the cabinet, she still had been working well non-stop... Serving and helping many with all what she have and what she can.

Her phone kept ringing and ringing, someone was calling her and she just whispered in silence saying, "Baka hindi busy kaya tumawag," she thought for herself while she can't stop but to melt over and blush hard over.

She firstly took a second break, heaving a sigh... "Hello, Mr. President." she answered the call with excitement.

"Miss na kita ma'am, kung pwede wala ng distancing-distancing na yan mas lalo na pagkasama kita." he flirted over the phone.

With that she was flabbergasted on what he just said to her, she was caught of guard as her heart was speed-racing and cheeks that was so red because of the joke and statement which she knew it was meant.

"Pasaway ka talagang presidente ka, tigilan mo nga yan ikaw ang nag-approve na yan kaya ikaw ang unang sumunod." she stated, jesting over it.

They both laughed at the same time with that joke of hers.

"Sus gusto mo naman, dapat work from home ka na rin para lagi kitang kasama." he complained while acting he was sad with his low voice.

"Ay grabe magdemand si Mr. President... Uuwi pa naman ako mamayang gabi kasi iiyak ang kambal pagwala ako sa tabi nila." She replied while reminiscing the times when she didn't got home and heard that the twins cried all night long.

"Iiyak din ako kapag wala ka, uwi ka na ma'am please." he begged, huffing and acting that he was sobbing without tears coming out from his eyes.

"Sige na, istorbo ka eh... Goodbye," there was a bit of annoyance on her way of speaking ass she didn't hesitated to end the call without waiting for his reply.

The night came... It was already 9pm but the twins were eager to wait for their mom to see her return from home.

The door had opened which made them in shock and frantically approached her.

Rara and Roro walked to her and immediately hugged her to be in comfort but just with that Leni had bursted into tears.

Digong's hands placed on top of her shoulders and asked with worry, "Ma'am anong nangyari? Bakit ka umiiyak? Ma'am sino ang may gawa niyan sayo?" he can't help but to raise his voice because of that.

"I-pa-pa-t-tigil na nila," she answered, stammering as she continue to cry.

He carried the twins and hugged her wife, "Tahan na ma'am, gagawa ako ng paraan upang maituloy mo ang pagtulong mo sa mga tao.

"Yun na lang nga ang nagagawa ko ng malaya upang makatulong, matitigil pa. Please, help me--I'm not yet done," she continued, crying on his shoulders that she was seeking for help and aide that she didn't really want this come to an end.

Roro landed his soft little hands to his mother's face as he smiled warmly.

Meanwhile Rara had hugged her.

"Don't worry walang mag-iimbestiga, walang magpapatigil, walang mawawala... Tuloy pa rin ma'am ang project mo, I promise." he reassured him while caressing the hair and placing it on the back of her ear.

She heaved a sigh as she wiped of the tears that soaked her face a while ago as a smile was slowly arching on her face after she heard everything.

"Maraming salamat sir, pangulo ka nga talaga... I love you," she stated happily while sniffing, her eyes cannot spot but to scintillate with glee.

Another set of persons had joined the family hug as they were Tricia, Aika, and Jill that comforted their mother to ease the stress and sadness she was in.

"Andito lang kami mama, para sayo... We will help in any way we can." Aika said so while gesturing and asking foe Leni to smile more widely.

Jill tied her hair and smiled, "We love you mama," she said that she loved her mom.

"Mama, don't waste a tear on this matter again... I'm very sure that you'll be fine and your help for people will surely continue." Tricia added with confidence on her voice.

"Ako ang gagawa ng paraan ma'am, tandaan mo yan--mahal na mahal kita,"

The next day, Luna was fired from his position after wanting to investigate amd question all Leni's work on this time.

The headlines were filled that the president defended his opponent which was vice president.

To be continued...