26

Chapter 26:
Spreading Rumors

It was already morning and Leni just got up with a headache so she decided to take an off for today. Only wearing her comfy pambahay clothes as she ready her morning coffee before going to the living room.

She heard he phone beeped and it was her eldest child calling her as she received it, "Ma, open the TV now." Aika instructed.

With that thought she left the kitchen and goes to the living room to view the news Aika was telling about, "Now, what ate?" she asked with no idea.

"Did you open the TV?" Aika queried with disbelief as she heard no sound coming from her mother's line.

She was caught off guard so she decided to on the TV and view the said interview. She take a sit while being observant on what was being reported until she saw--him.

"Mr. President,what can you tell about this issue?" A reporter didn't hesitated to ask while squeezing into the set of PSGs that surrounds Digong.

It can be seen that he heave a sigh of disappointment before telling his answer, "It's her life so its up to her how to live it. I just expected her to be more decent not like what was rumored. I'm very disappointed."

Leni's POV

Why is he so disappointed? Who is the person they are referring and it's a girl for christ sake because it's a her.

He was so disappointed and ashame of something and even it felt like he was disgusted with his look. I saw another side of a happy go lucky president, this time it was different as if he lost his trust on that person they were talking about.

Ano kaya yun?

"Mama, have you seen it?" Aika who was still on the other line had inquired.

I replied, "Yes, ate nakita ko na and what?" I asked for it feels like that short interview was just a glimpse of something else.

I heard footsteps rushing through my direction, I alerted myself to be on guard if that's a threat but it was only Jill who just woke up and wanted a morning hug,"Ma, huwag mo naman ako babatuhin ng kape..." She jested while seeing me in this position.

"Dae ko man ika gagapuon kan kape," I refuted (Hindi naman kita babatuhin ng kape)

But I didn't hear her reply only to see such horror in her face as if something big had happened that flashed before her eyes. I was worried seeing her like that do I rushed towards her and asked,"What happened Jill?"

She just pointed into the TV that wholly stunned myself as if I'm dead that had woken up after a long slumber.

"For the main news of today," I heard the anchor introducing the headlines, until I saw my name flash on the screen Vice President Leni Robredo scandal, tinuligsa ng buong sambayanan.

My body was turned stiff and glued to were I was standing, I'm numb enough not to feel anything as I can't keep my eyes of the television. I heard Jill to call her Ate Tricia.

They were shaking me, I didn't know what to respond or what to act. It's like a bucket of water with ice was poured all over my body as I shiver with shame and embarrassment.