40

Chapter 40
You're my home

It was July already as again another month had just ended indeed, but their work was still piled on tables with so many files to be reviewed, approved and so on so forth.

In defiance of the fact that they were doing their jobs and responsibilities as the two highest official in the Philippines, they still have time for their family especially they're expecting another set of members to be added.

"Sir, dinner mamaya ha remind lang kita baka nakalimutan mong uuwi mga anak mo ngayon..." Leni reminded her love through a phone call with such soothing voice.

"Bakit ako makakalimot ehh ang bise presidente na mismo ang mukhang assistant ko sa kakaremind ng schedule," Digong jested over it as he remembered the time when he forgot something on his schedule then Leni reminded her all the way through with matching review of the event they were attending.

Leni took the joke to seriously as she replied, "So ganoon ako na ang assistant mo, sino na ngayon ang first lady mo?!" She shouted before ending the call.

Patay na, nagalit na

He tried to contact her again, in such unfortunate thing his number was blocked to her phone making him frantic on what he will do to remove the anger of Leni to him.

"Digong isip, ano ba ang pampawala ng sumpa--este pampawala ng galit sa buntis?" He asked himself while walking in circles, trying to remember all the things that Leni loved.

"Anong sumpa mayor?"Bong inquired for he heard it loud and clear since he was in the same room as his, specifically the office of the president.

Digong glared at him while his eyes turned languid, "Huwag kang magjojoke Bong, wala ako sa mood..." He informed him.

"Bakit nga ba sir? Nag-away na naman  ba kayo ni ma'am Leni?" Bong was curious so he asked again while being attentive on what the president would say about it.

Digong had no reply as he was busy thinking about what he will do to ease the madness and rage of his fiance before going back home.

Bong needed to know the full details so he can help him, deciding to throw another question, "Ano mayor ang sinabi mo?"

"Sabi ko para na siyang assistant ko, Bong tulungan mo ako--ayaw kong mahiga sa sala dahil lang doon..."he begged for help while being scared on what might happen again like before when he angered Leni by a simple tease to her weight that made him three days straight to sleep outside their room because Leni locked the other rooms and hidden the keys so he will have no choice.

It was already 4'o clock in the afternoon as up till now he hasn't yet formulated a plan nor figure out what to do. For how many hours of contemplating it was brought to waste because all his ideas were not even the likes of her.

He heard a knock coming from the outside as Bong opened the door that reveals his children who just arrived from Davao with his grandchildren.

"Papa, anong ginagawa mo at ikot ka nang ikot diyan?" Sara asked before she takes a sit while carrying his son.

Paolo was merely watching his father walk in circles while holding a pen on his hand.

Baste was just laughing on what was the reaction of his father that was so tense and scared at the moment.

"Bong ikaw na nagsabi, mag-iisip pa ako..."he commanded Bong to tell his children what was happening.

Bong nodded in reply while looking at Sara, Baste, Paolo, Veronica and with their children of their own..."Nagalit si vp sa tatay niyo tapos ngayon itong tatay niyo natatakot na baka sa labas naman patulugin ni ma'am Leni." He explained well and just putting emphasis on the consequence that the president might face later.