56

Chapter 56:
Last Year 2021

The family of the president and the vice president had just a small and simple celebration to welcome the new year ahead of everyone. Today marked the first day of the year 2021, the last year on their seats and terms until the oath taking of newly elected officers by 2022.

Reminiscing the past will not only show hardships of what they had been through but their journey that united them both not only as the country leaders but as a couple that built a family in secret.

Well they had been eager to reach this certain stage of their term where soon they'll be able to reveal the truth to all the things behind and finally won't be hidden anymore.

Wide genuine smiles were across each of their lovely faces, eyes that glitter and scintillate with jovial feeling as this can't be hidden in any way.

Everyone was present to attend with one theme of clothing which was the lucky color on that time. They captured a family photo involving them all that will be made into a huge portrait placed on the living room to everyday see this kind of euphoria on them.

"Happy new year ma'am," Digong whispered as he leaned closer to her in between of the ongoing photo shoot. He didn't even hesitated to do after all he was the head of the family and no one would dare to scold him this day.

Leni just smiled with delight and faced him,"Happy new year sir, let's face this year confidently and looking forward for the near end of our terms. I love you." She mumbled at once while doing a tip toe to reach his face kissing him on the cheeks.

As the cameras flashed and capture that moment of their lives.

Day by day, new journey and chapter of their lives start to unfold and grace its presence once the time ticks and tocks each second that passed.

The month of January was filled with cordial welcome presents to this year as finally the number of cases of covid-19 day by day were decreased on a big number. This made everyone to cheer as finally, the curve was flattening in fast phase compared to the previous year.

Many Filipino people had been reached with the various helps from the office of the vice president which was the project of Leni herself with the help of many nongovernmental institutions and private donors but with one special backer, the president himself which was helping in the shadows undetected and off the radar.

Up to this day, the president was still doing his every week address to the nation regarding this pandemic. He never failed to update and readily face the public with high hopes that this will soon end.

But this time, a press briefing had been held in the Malacanang Palace arranged by the PCOO secretary, Martin Andanar himself as tasked and requested by the president.

They had expected many reporters from various media networks would attend the said meeting and due to the prevalent health protocols, the largest hall in the palace was used to be its venue to maintain proper distancing and many more.

Once they were settled, the president had faced them all and stand before them.

"Good afternoon," he tenderly greeted with a perfect pictured smile on his face where there was no sign of stress nor sleepless nights during the past week.

He was anticipating to receive many questions regarding a still widespread matter and that was the count of cases of this diseases. He was a bit cautious and nervous nevertheless he was certain that he brings good news to all.

First set of reporters were accompanied and answered very well since it was referring to covid-19 but soon the place heated up with another impending talks that brought up the elections.

Now, the hot seat begins.

"Mr. President, who will be your candidate on the 2022 elections?" A reporter asked him.

"Sir, sir, will Sara be running for president?" another respondent inquired.

Another man had raised his hand to be recognised and given a chance to ask, "Tatakbo ka po ba ulit?"

"There are rumors that Marcoses will join the race so do you think Vice president Leni Robredo would also run for the highest position?"

He heaved a long sigh and composed his thoughts before answering. He think of his answers over and over again so it won't reflect on him nor hurt anyone's feelings especially hers.

"Sa ngayon wala pa, masyado pang maaga sa bagay na yan. Inday had no plans holding that kind of position dahil nagsisimula palang siya magpundar ng pangalan sa politika--" he stopped and looked at the door directly were he saw his twins accompanied by their security details.

He smiled confidently and answered the remaining questions as he recalled something on his mind," I had no intention on running, magpapahinga ako kasama ang pamilya ko. Sa issue naman tungkol kay Leni at Bongbong, I'm out of it... It's up to them if they will run and be the president of this country. But all I wanted to say is kahit sino man ang nanalo they should do their best to make our country progressive. " he ended and left the room in pronto.

As Harry Roque took over the other queries.

He did take a long route to take his children from the other side to his office to prevent the press from seeing them.

Well, this had been rather unexpected when one cameraman sighted them and immediately alerted the other on what he saw saying, "May kasamang mga bata ang president, ayon." he pointed.

As immediately all the attention was given to them which the mob had run towards them but with the help of the immense PSG forces on that time they were able to escape and prevent more things from happening.

The next day...

All the headlines that were once focused on covid-19 and the response of the government was now diverted into the president having a so called hidden child in the palace.

Some of this was trending in other social media platforms, claiming that it was the child of the president himself with from unfigured woman.

Even the current news on television talks about them with some few blurry photos taken by numerous cameraman when they were on the run.

"Ano ang ginawa mo Rodrigo? Tingan mo ngayon kumpulan na ng mga salita ang mga anak mo. Hindi mo ba iniisip na mangyayari 'to?" she was enraged on what happened that entirety exposed their gravest secret among all. She lectured him nonstop while walking in circles, looking stress and unfazed with anger.

"Hindi ko naman sinasadya, eh paano tinatawag ako ng dalawa in the middle of the press briefing and I needed to be with them kasi umiiyak na si Roro." he defended himself and told her the reason behind that sudden move.

"Look sooner or later they would pinpoint various women and linking them to you and to the twins. Ayaw ko yun mangyari kasi alam na ng mga anak mo ang nangyayari sa paligid because they are smart and observant--" she continued releasing her frustrations towards him but she was stopped when her son approached him and looked sad.

Roro was reaching for her so she carried him right away and looked back to Digong.

"Gagawa ako ng paraan." he promised as he walked to his wife and child with open arms that will be closed with a warm embrace, a sign of affection for his family.

She just heave a sigh and vented off her anger that soon made her at ease and calm enough to find peace in mind.

"Pangako huli na 'to, magpapakilala na tayo bilang pamilya sa susunod. Wala ng isyu-isyu..."

To be continued...