38

Chapter 38:

Together Again

The day after, the vice president was immediately discharged and advice to take things hush and slowly so what happened from before won't happen again just to be sure of her safety and the unborn babies.

Digong stayed with Leni the whole day as he demanded to know the whole truth why she distanced herself from him.

"Ma'am ano ngani ang dahilan?" he asked while looking at her right in the eyes.

She just looked away and heave a sigh, "Sabi mo I ruined the whole administration so I didn't bother to ask for your help since you rejected it on the first place—" she explained with huff and displeasure to him as she remembered the thing that occurred before, she was pleading and explaining back then but he decided to believe what he saw and not her.

"Oo alam ko ma'am na nagkasala ako pero sana hindi mo tinago ang mga bata," he concernly refuted while holding her hand.

"Digong di ba ang una mo ring pinaniwalaan na anak 'to ni kung sinong ponsyo pilato na nasa video, ano pa kaya ang sasabihin ng iba ha? Sa tingin mo ba okay lang saakin na hindi pa nga 'to napapanganak graben na ang nasabi ng mga tao," she replied while covering her eyes as tears fall.

She stopped for a while, trying to compose herself once again before proceeding, "Tinago ko kasi ayaw ko ng gulo, Digong—tama na ang mga nangyari, husto na..."

"Paano kung di ko nalaman, ipapanganak mo yan ng patago ulli tapos makikilala lang sila kapag tapos na ang termino mo?" he asked again, wondering that it might be her plans.

She just nodded in reply.

He meanwhile had just decided to hug his sad and lonely fiancé, trying to cheer him up with all he got, "Huwag ka ng umiyak ma'am, andito na ako oh—ako na ang bahala sa lahat, magpahinga ka na muna ha." He reassured her while tucking her in comfortably in bed.

It was already night since they didn't left the hospital in the morning nor afternoon to avoid meeting with the reporters and journalists that were always on standby.

He had accompanied Leni back to the reception house in Quezon city and even decided to stay for the night.

Both highest official of today's administration was awoken by a set of rings coming from their phones as they immediately checked it.

Bunch of articles filled with opinionated content welcomed them, all connected to the vice president as usual for their guess from before was coming to be the truth after all.

But there was a single one that was different that brighthen up her mood that made her smile for this morning, it was with the headline Scandal na kumalat noon, fake news lang pala.

"Good morning ma'am," Digong greeted her once he had seen him around the living, walking around while reading the news that spread the media again.

She was frantic and scared what might be the reaction and effect of this again to the public because of the issue before her trust rate in a survey was lowered by at least 5%, making her the least choice for leaders. She can't stop but make her two fingers from different hands to touch, the thing she always do when she nervous.

"Dae ka man ma'am magparahinandal kaini na isyu sigon ngani ako na an bahala," Digong talked to her while using her native tongue despite he was unsure if he was right and just covered his mistake by offering a tea. (Huwag ka na ma'am magpara-isip tungkol sa isyu na 'to, ako na ang bahala.)

Leni laughed at him after hearing his Bisayan accent incorporated to her language, "Tuod?" she asked, jesting as well. (Totoo?)

Digong hinted that Leni was making fun of her yet he still continued speaking like that even he didn't know that, that word had ever existed.

Indeed, they spent about an hour conversing using the Bicol tongue which was entirely anew for him since his accent was still a bit off but he was getting used to it much more that he sees the wide smile and giggles of his beloved close and often just by doing so.

By the time, Leni's daughters woke up, Digong had already left the place as he had early commitments for today.

"Asan na ma si tatay?" Jill asked while searching for him.

Leni just greeted her daughters with a smile and said, "Andoon na sa Malacanang kanina pa, alam niyo naman ang trabaho ng presidente,"

"Speaking of trabaho, papasok ka ngayon ma?" Aika inquired while busy preparing their breakfast.

"Bukas nalang ate, ikaw kalian ka babalik sa states?" Leni replied and asked at the same time.

Aika heave a sigh before answering as she composes herself up and stated, "Mamaya na po ma, kaya doon ka na muna kay tatay para may mag-aalaga sayo at sa mga kapatid ko." She told so as she was concern for the welfare of her mother while she's miles away.

"Ako rin ma, babalik na ako sa dormitory ko kasi mapapagalitan na ako for over staying eh..." Jill informed her as well with a sad voice.

"Ikaw ate Tricia?" she asked her second child if she had something to say and yes she did had.

"Alam mo na mama ang sagot ko diyan," Tricia shortly responded.

That information given by her children made her to think of agreeing to his offer and that was staying with the president.

Flashback:

While they were alone in the hospital, Digong bravely approached her and asked, "Ma'am gusto mo magkasama na tayo sa iisang bahay?"

And she instantly declined the offer saying, "Huwag na sir, doon na ako sa condo para wala ng isyu."

"Pero ma'am mas safe ka kapag magkasama tayo, pwede naming hindi sa bahay pangarap—doon tayo sa bahay na binili ko lately," he indirectly implied that he wanted and wished to be with her and their family on a house they can call their own and as home.

"Sir, okay na ako dito—alam ko naman na lagi kang pupunta dito," she replied as she just by thinking off it she's melting and blushing as she tried to hides it but can't be done.

Well he can't argue furthermore because it was here decision already but his offer would never change because it was only for her and no one else.

"Sige na nga ma'am, ikaw ang masusunod total ikaw naman ang commander ko," he jested while gently poking her shoulders to get her attention.

"Kaya sundin mo lang ako lagi at mabilis kitang mapapatawad," she replied as she decided to make fun of him more like poking his bulging stomach, "Mukhang ikaw nga ang buntis sa 'tin," she jokingly stated.

"Oo na lagi ka naman ganyan, dinadamay mo lagi ang malaki kong tiyan," he refuted, acting mad with matching walk out thinking she would stop him from doing so.

But Leni just looked at him go and laugh, "Balik ka na lang pag-okay ka na," she calmly raised her voice for him to hear what she said.

You never fail to make my heart skip a beat, Mr. president.