31

Chapter 31:
Wake up, Vice president

Continuation:

"Sige salamat po, tatay pupuntahan ko na po ngayon si mama..." Aika thanked him as she took her bag and keys for the car and immediately drive to the OVP.

Meanwhile back on where the panic had came from reporters didn't subsided their perseverance to take more details on what happened as they tried to squeeze over the human barricade of PSG that served as the block for Leni to be transported into another room.

Few minutes later, Leni was successfully brought to her office where she was lied carefully with care unto the soft cushion couch while her assistant called for a doctor to checked on her.

Despite she was unconscious, Leni was holding unto something else that seems to be very important as her hands was somewhat protecting it.

"Ma'am Aika, ma'am Tricia andoon po si VP Leni sa opisina niya..." A PSG politely redirected Leni's children to were she was brought.

Aika and Tricia had rushed in and slammed the door forcefully yet it didn't wake their mother up.

"Tumawag na ba kayo ng doctor?" Tricia asked the assistant of her mom while she holds the wrist of Leni and started to check it.

"Papunta palang po dito ma'am," the assistant replied while still trying to contact someone.

Meanwhile Aika was anxious on what was happening as she received a call and distance herself from her unconscious mother.

Aika's POV

"Hello, tatay..." I started to speak.

"Andiyan na ba kayo sa mama niyo?" Digong asked from the other line as he tried to calm himself down.

"A-hh opo kakadating lang ho namin," I replied to him as I can hear his voice conflicting to what people know. He was worried to death and very concern on what was happening.

"Aika paki balitaan nalang ako kung kumusta si Leni paki-sabi na rin na miss na miss ko na siya and I'm so sorry sa lahat ng sinabi ko." He stated with such blue and crestfallen voice while apologizing through phone with his sincerest intent.

"Sige po, update ko nalang kayo..." I assured him as I let him end the call.

I decided to walk back to where was mama and she was sleeping but her face depicts such pain.

Di ko alam mama kung ano ang nangyayari but please wake up.

"Ate Aika," Tricia called for me as I sit beside my younger sister.

"How's mama?" I asked her while I decided to hold mom's hand.

As Tricia leaned towards me and whispered something that shocked me to the brain.

"For real?" I asked again for confirmation.

She just nodded in reply as finally the doctor had arrived to check her.

It took how many minutes for the doctor too say something to us and said, "The vice president is just exhausted and needing a lot of rest especially I've been told so that she wasn't having enough sleep this past few days because of her work. I do advice for her to stop being on field for a while and just stay here on her office. "the doctor told so as me and Tricia nodded in agreement.

"Mama, wake up na po. Hapon na kailangan mo pang kumain." I softly told her while caressing her sleeping face and slowly raking her hair.

Tricia decided to go back to her duty since I'm with mama. I was here simply sitting while mama's head was on my lap, patiently waiting for her to wake up.

"Ma pangalawa mo na 'to, bakit may hindi ka sinasabi saamin?" I asked even though she can't hear me as my tears starts to fall.

Flashback:
(This contains scenes connected to the previous chapter.)

It was already afternoon that day after we stopped the so called challenge of trying peculiar combination of food when sudden­ly mama passed out right before our eyes. Good thing she was caught by her PSG before dropping to the floor.

Few minutes later she immediately got her consciousness back and said, "Sorry to ruin our bonding time girls... Mama is just tried and exhausted from work to return make things back to normal." She told us and it refer to her moves to clean her name and continue a proper job being the vice president.

"Mama naman, sinabihan mo sana kami if you needed to rest okay lang naman saamin."Jill mumbled to mama while hugging her tight and close.

"Bakit ka nawalan ng malay ma? Are you feeling sick?" Tricia asked her.

The mama just slightly scratches her head and answered, "Masakit lang po ang ulo ko, don't worry to much. Sige pahinga na uli si mama." She bid her temporary farewell as she walked upstairs being followed by her security.

Back to the present:

Digong's POV

Alas singko na ng hapon wala pa ring update kay Leni. P*t* ano na ang nangyari sa kanya?

I can't stop myself but to worry for her state and health, she wasn't having enough sleep just for her work and because of that issue. She was restless and helpless meanwhile I decided to believe what I saw and not her.

Leni, gising na mag-uusap pa tayo.

I snapped back to reality once a knock was made from the outside, "Pasok,"

It was my cabinet members who entered my room, ready to discuss what might had happened to the vice president of the country that concern every Filipino.

"Wala pa ring malay si Leni sabi ng staff niya," Spox informed me.

"Oo nga, nagpadala na rin ako ng dagdag police security sa OVP." bato added.

"G*g* ano ba ang nangyari ha? Binaril o basta lang nahimatay?" I furiously asked them.

That question silenced them off as even them where left in the shadows on the reason behind her sudden pass out.

"Bakit hindi nila sinasabi saatin ang nangyayari kay VP Leni?" Doque asked the others were no one answered.

But Bong disrupted the silence that surrounds and send, "Baka may tinatago,"

Ano ang tinatago mo Leni?
Magdadalawang buwan ka ng walang communication saakin mula ng nag-away tayo.

"That's the problem now, alam naman natin si ma'am na lahat ng utos niya sa staff niya is not reversible no matter what or who you are." Yasay commented.

Matigas ang ulo no'n kaya kung ano ang gusto niya yun na yun.

"Wala tayong magagawa ngayon kundi ang hintayin na magrelease ng statement ang office niya tungkol sa nangyari." Delfin enunciated while contemplating on various scenario that may cause such ruckus.

"Alamin niyo ang nangyari sakanya that's a other. You are dismissed." I didn't hesitated to command them, after all I'm still the president and I get to know what I want to know.

Wake up, my vice president, I'll be waiting for you.