16

Chapter 16:
Missed Calls

Digong dialed Leni's number at eight in the morning after all he was already awake and why not greet her fiance with his own voice.

After 5 dials there was still none receiving the call which made him in such tension.

"Leni ano na naman ba 'to silent treatment naman? You had been like this, in the past three weeks, ano ba ang nagawa ko?" Digong ranted on his mind thinking what he had caused to receive such treatment from hers.

He knew that when Leni was mad or angry this would definitely happen like that long gone issue of the so called child of the president article.

He kept walking around his room until the screen of his phone light up, there was one unread message as he open it immediately.

My VP:
Huwag mo akong tatawagan,
Hindi tayo bati *angry emoji*

"Susmeyo naman Leni hindi na tayo bata," Digong complained while slowly massaging his temples out of this morning stress and look back on what he did a few weeks ago to cause such fuss between him and her.

Bong entered his room bringing his medicine for today with a glass of water, placing it to Digong's table before speaking... "Mayor kumusta kayo ni VP?" he asked all of a sudden after all he noticed that the past few days that gone by Leni wasn't visiting nor making an appointment in the palace.

Digong had finally an idea in what may had cause such anger to Leni as he asked Bong,"Bong may ginawa ba akong masama sa nakalipas na araw?" he asked his ever loyal colleague since every time they were together so probably Bong would definitely remember.

"Baka yun pong pagpunta ni ma'am Honeylet dito noong may 2..."Bong replied with an unsure look on his face while shrugging off such a bad idea on his mind.

"Paano nga kami makikita ehh hindi naman siya pumupunta rito?" Digong commented with such questionable face.

"Mayor alam mo naman diba na mahilig si VP Leni sa surprise visit kaya baka siya ang na surprise ng--" Bong wasn't able to finish his thought once he heard the president to cuss.

"Y*w*a man uy, wala man kaming ginawa ni ma'am Honeylet doon sa office para nag-usap kami tungkol kay Kitty." Digong insisted, his hands were tightly closed ready to punch anytime out of anger fussing off his system.

Meanwhile Leni wasn't in her office since today she was on a visit to her friend Siege on a resort on Batangas.

"Mabuti naman at naka dating ang pangalawang pangulo ng pilipinas," Siege jested but made a simple stress on the president word while walking to Leni like a beauty queen,showing off such positivity on air.

Leni just laugh off her face while seeing her friend on a bohemian pattern robe,"Ang aga-aga bakit ganyan na ang suot mo?" Leni queried while giggling since her friend keeps posing and projecting into different angles, "And by the way I know what you did there, don't you dare mention his name nor his position this day." she added with a serious look.

"Yes ma'am," Siege smirked for she was just making Leni more flustered on her reaction.

As they both go to their cabin where as usual the vicinity was filled with the vice president's security detail.

Siege had an intriguing look while taking a glimpse on Leni while she was unpacking her things, "Leni, sabihin mo nga saakin... Anong nangyari?" she bluntly asked once she saw a let down face on her friend.

Leni takes a seat and started to tell, "Ganito kasi--" she stopped for a while whilst securing the perimeters if all the windows and door were locked before continuing.

Her friend just gave her a questionable face while waiting for her to proceed.

"Nakita ko siya kasama ang dati niyang kasama, si Honeylet..." Leni continued but she halted once more after her took a photo out of her bag.

"Ano naman yan and what happened next?" Siege had thrown a question which hit two birds with one stone.

Leni gave the picture to her friend and it was a picture of Digong's past lover Honeylet who was wearing an explicit type of clothing, exposing her breast and fitted that defines her curve. "Yan ang suot niya ng nakita sila,"

"So what?I mean what are you implying?" Siege asked.

"Bakit parang ganoon nalang kadali maybe he isn't attracted to me at all dahil ganyan ang mga suot ng mga babae niya," Leni finally blurted out all her frustrations and insecurities on what was happening... She felt unwanted because the way she dress and move.

"Leni nirerespeto ka niya unlike those previous ones... Remember his issue before that so called expedition of girls do you want to be one of them?" Siege inadequately implored such argument as she knew Leni was a preserved woman with etiquette and right thinking.

"Bakit naman ako magiging isa sa babae niya and ako lang naman ang babae niya wala ng iba!" Leni exclaimed all of a sudden that stunned even her friend with the words that escaped her mouth.

"Ayon na nga, kaya naman pala..." Siege mumbled as she heave a sigh.

"Ano ang gagawin ko para di siya tumingin sa iba?" Leni questioned.

"I thought you wouldn't like him to be our topic but now err," Siege joked while twisting the words of Leni before making them both laugh.

Leni just gave Siege a hostile stare which made Siege to talk at once with a smirk on her face, "You know what to do,"

"Ano nga?" Leni asked for she didn't understood the intent of her friend.

"Seduce him... As simple as that and if he won't fall for you it means that he have another--" Siege answered but was unable to finish after Leni cut her off.

"Di ako marunong," a shy smile formed across Leni's face once she said it.

"Leni naman, ano ka ba sa buong talambuhay mo wala kang inakit?" Siege seriously queried her friend while laughing after what Leni said.

Leni just replied with her head moving sideways and mumbled, "Ngayon lang 'to nangyari... I don't know what's happening to my body."

"Vice president, the very first female who doesn't know how to seduce a man." Siege jested as she moved both it her hands as if there was a banner with that title on.

"Come on Leni you go out of that comfort zone of yours and pace up your movements, now maybe wear this as well kapag hindi pa siya bumigay alam mo na..." Siege instructed while digging into Leni's clothes until she find something and gave it to Leni.

Leni had just widely stare on what was given to her and take a gulp before talking again.

"Digong makikita mo!" she taught off in her mind before enjoying the resort.

***

A/N : Ano kaya Yun? Hahaha sa tingin niyo po will Leni's plan work? Let's see on the next chapter. Thank you po sa pagbasa❤️