45

Chapter 45:
Candid Smiles & Laughter

As they say everything can be controlled with money and power, with those two nothing was impossible even hiding the truth behind the story of the two highest officials of our country.

They all arrived well and safe on the entrance of the hospital despite driving in fast speed. With apace scenario Leni was immediately brought to the delivery room being accompanied by Digong, meanwhile Bong stayed to talk with the doctor first.

"This is very confidential doctor, even your staff can't know that the vice president is pregnant nor giving birth in this hospital... Am I clear?" Bong clearly asked about the terms that they were talking about the confidentiality of what was happening.

The doctor nodded in affirmation and agreement to what they talked about saying,"Only her ob-gynecologist and I know this, your terms are well understood and noted." She stated before going back to the room.

Digong was frantically standing beside Leni while his hands were surely being squeezed forcefully making him silently cry in pain. He knew this day would happen so he prepared himself for the pain he will receive thinking she was in more agony than him.

Leni, mawawalan na ako ng kamay baka pati buhok pakatapos nito

"Papatayin kita, Rodrigo!" Leni shouted with such a screech to everyone's ear that was heard across the delivery room where she was at the moment.

"Ma'am wala naman akong kasalanan," Digong stated while letting a bit of his tears fall off from his cheeks.

"Ma'am Leni, I know that you are quite familiar on how to do this so please I request you to push," her doctor calmly instructed while monitoring her condition.

She did what was instructed, pushing all she can and hardly stopping her breaths for quite sometime, but she can't shut her mouth as she continued shouting in torment.

He as support merely moved after being held close to her, all he can do was to wipe off the sweat and tears from her face while giving birth and gave a smile with motivation, "Kaya mo yan ma'am ikaw pa," he mentioned while cheering in silence.

But his concern reign over his thinking and asked the doctor in the middle of the process, "Diba there's another way naman, i-cesarean nalang natin siya--I can't bare to see her in pain," he suggested to the doctors while tightly holding into Leni's hand.

"Kaya ko 'to! Gusto ko ganito huwag niyo na akong ics." She entered the conversation while still pushing through and insisting she can handle natural way of giving birth despite her age.

"But ma'am," he refuted but in return he was just strangle by her now.

Since they can't convince her, they just continued and hope for the safety of her and her babies. It took about a couple of minutes until the first baby came out.

The room was filled with thin cry made by the baby who was still covered with blood as the smile to her face can't be erased so as his.

Both crying out of joy as they heard the first cry of their child, but soon stopped as everything changed.

"Doctor Vergara!" he shouted as he noticed Leni's hands slipping off from his grip.

"We will now conduct a cesarean Mr. President or else the vice president's life and your baby will be in great danger..." the doctor explained while her assistant was busy preparing all the necessary tools they'll be using on the operation.