57

Chapter 57:
Unchanged Plans

After what happened that day, later on the president had claimed that the children they once saw in the Palace were really his but remained silent on the issue talking about who was the mother of his kids.

With what he declared, many people was shocked and confused on what he had just said that there was a spot that he neglected them with just hiding them from anyone else knowing as if those innocent kids didn't exist which was questioned.

To make it up to the public, he just did a public apology to satisfy their calling as he lowered himself for the sake of the twins.

"I'm so sorry for hiding the truth all through these years, I just wanted for my kids to be out of anyone's sight that will give them too much attention that may endanger their life. I just did what a father would do to protect his children." he noted and standing firmly to his statement, ferociously facing the judgment of many people.

With what he remarked many people's heart was melted and took sympathy to his side that he was just doing what a parent would do. Soon, the twins were freely been able to visit him anytime without suspicions encircling the media... After all there was no hidden agenda.

Leni was watching the live telecast on her office when she saw her husband beside her twins and formally introducing them all without a doubt. She was smiling and so pleased with what was happening which made her to unable to withstand the warm liquid flowing out of her eyes... She was in tears after so many years of hiding Roro and Rara had been finally known by all people.

Half of their goals had been accomplished and all they wanted was to settle down then live their life privately and at peace soon.

More months had passed and their life was back to normal. Also, in the month of June the Philippines was declared covid free as soon as the last positive patient had recovered and defeated the disease bravely.

Maybe counts of Filipino people had fallen with the disease and cause grave sadness to many but the contentment they had when finally it was gone was entirely priceless especially their wide smiles genuinely shining with euphoria. With the victory, the whole country rejoiced and celebrated that they were able to beat the inevitable at last.

But still speculations of who might be the mother was still encircling the media much more and don't forget about the fast approaching month for filling the certificate of candidacy for national elections.

Since some politicians had already proclaimed to be running for presidency or vice with their line up of senators.

But people were eager to know if Sara, Digong's daughter who was currently the Davao city mayor if she would run and also the incumbent vice president of the Philippines, Leni Robredo.

Everytime reporters had the chance to approach or ask Leni, she would just politely decline and said, "I had no plans for 2022 yet." and smile.

Back at their home, like the usual meeting each other with their kids during dinner on the table were they shared thoughts and conversations. A solemn bond within the family but this time a topic was brought up that was inclined to the plans.

"Leni?" Digong asked as his eyes was fixated, gazing straight to Leni with his hand touching hers.

Leni just turned her sight towards him and mumbled, "Yes?"