39

Chapter 39:

Cleared at Last

June 24, 2018
Office of the Vice President
03:45 p.m.

"At last, today we had finally come to conclusion that the vice president's rumored scandal was proven that it wasn't ma'am Leni at all," her assistant started to speak to the reporters outside her office.

Meanwhile, Leni was back at her office, watching the live press release on the television as she admires the dedication of her secretary at all times even from all the downs of her side. She was smiling and can't help but to blush and melt over something while remembering what Digong had said to her a week ago, "Ako na ang bahala, before this month end your name would finally be cleared."

Ginawa nga niya ang kanyang pangako, matitigil na rin ang isyu sa wakas...

She heaved a sigh whilst peeking at her windows to see what's happening outside, "Salamat, Digong sa paniniwala saakin." She whispered and smiled again with joy.

"The NBI had finally located the source and who sent the video that just proves our allegations as a fact, a lady did altered her face and fashion to be a duplicate of our beloved vice president for this use meanwhile the man on it was her husband and had been payed to capture such explicit activity." Her assistant continued explaining.

With that, the reporters started to ask question to get more details that can be written and publish into an article for today and tomorrow's most awaited and anticipated news from the start.

"Paano niyo naman nalaman?"

"Sino talaga ang totoong nasa video?"

"Ginawa ba yun para questionin ang trabaho at katauhan ng pangalawang pangulo?"

"Sino ang mastermind sa likod ng nasabing paninira?"

"Si Bongbong ba ang may gawa?"

"Ma'am bakit po yun ginawa?"

Her assistant confidently smiled and breath some air again before answering all the questions, "Pina-imbestigahan po naming ng maigi—" she stopped for a while and revealed a folder of evidences with the pictures where the so called shooting of scandal video took place, "Sa kasamaang palad namatay na po ang nasabing mag-asawa kaya minabuti nalang ng pamilya na huwag ng ihayag ang totoong identity ng mga may sala," she lowered her face to the ground and asked for forgiveness to the deceased.

Leni had decided to answer the other inquiries but through a phone call to her secretary that was turned into loud speaker so everyone can hear her, "Good afternoon po," she greeted lively.

"Ma'am asan ka?" a male responder asked bravely, interfering with Leni's call.

"Ah, sir nasa Naga po ako kaya through phone ko nalang sasagutin ang mga katanungan niyo," Leni answered while giggling over it once she saw the reaction of the media when she said it.

Everyone was silenced to hear the vice president laughing over it so they assumed that she was also watching this live telecast.

"Bigyan po natin ng oras si ma'am ha, isa-isa lang..." her secretary reminded all.

By that reminder all remained their mouth closed while waiting for the vice president Leni to continue what she was about to say.

Leni smiled and looked over them from her office and enunciated, "Nasa pulitika po ako kaya natural na ang paninira—" she halted for a while to compose her thoughts and continued, "Hindi po si Marcos ang may gawa pero hanggang ngayon po ay di pa rin tiyak kung sino ang nasa likod nito," she informed them that make the reporters question again for the second set but she wasn't able to reply once she saw someone to enter her room.

She ended the call while shutting the television off and letting her assistant to accommodate all queries.

"Si—"Leni called for him but was cut off once her lips was shut by his.

They shared a deep intense kiss that lasted more than a minute as even her can't stop it and just reciprocate what has been down between them.

Until she decided to break the kiss off and started speaking, "Bakit ka andito at bakit mo ginawa yun?" she asked with annoyance on her face due to her fluctuating hormones.

"Ayun na nga, grabe ma'am ha—ayaw mo na ako makita..." he jested while giving an embrace to his pregnant fiancé as he knew that her madness will just fade away.

"Oo, ayaw na ayaw ko kaya lumayo ka nga," she refuted back while pushing him off and away.

Indeed, hormonal effects did hit her hard making her mood change swiftly without a doubt.

"Love naman oh, para nilalambing ka at ang mga butchukoy ko," he begged as his eyes do the same.

"Tigil-tigilan mo nga ako Rodrigo ha, sabi ko umalis ka na kaya alis..." she commanded as she walked to her chair and takes a sit to continue her work.

The president just decided to let her cool off and left the office but with a sly smile he remained on the door and counted, "1" he started while looking at his watch.

"2" another minute had passed as the hand of the clock moved and counted other set of tik and tok.

"3—"He whispered as the door had been slammed open. He had hid himself to the next room and spectating Leni's face while looking for him.

"Nakita niyo ba si pangulo?" she asked her just arriving assistant pronto.

"Nandito po siya ma'am?" her assistant inquired in confusion while seeing her boss looking for the eagle.

Leni was saddened to hear the reply, "Andito lang siya kanina eh," she stated melancholic with a blue expression.

Digong was laughing in the room until suddenly—

"Sorry na love sa pagtataboy ko sayo, pasok ka na ulit may pag-uusapan pa tayo— "Leni informed him accompanied with a gentle touch of her soft hands to his face.

As he can't help but to feel butterflies and be enthusiastic on his love that was looking for him, "Walang problema ma'am...but nga hindi pa ako nakabalik sa Malacanang, hehehe" he stated while walking out with her.

With that scene the couple forgot that they were in the hallway and Leni's assistant was just behind them, "Ahem...ahem," her assistant faked a cough that caught the attention of the two before she excused herself out, "Ma'am, sir paki-tawag nalang po ako ha kung may kailangan kayo kasi nagmumukha akong third wheel," she jested and immediately left.

"Kakahiya tayo sir," Leni commented as she was embarrassed on what happened.

"Sus, tayo naman bakit ka nahihiya—first lady," he swooned with such ecstasy while day dreaming once he had set his eyes to his lady.

She can't help but to over and over fall for his statements from jokes to serious talks as she felt butterflies all over her body and blush hardly that turned her cheeks to be in such florid state, "Magkasama na tayong uuwi mamaya ha, ako na magluluto ng dinner," she happily said.

"Talaga?" he asked out of shock in all of a sudden.

"Opo, Mr. President doon na tayo sa bahay natin..." she replied while smiling widely and sweet, giving a reassurance that she's truly certain and sure without a doubt.

"Magcecelebrate tayo ma'am dahil makakasama na uli kita in one roof and your name is cleared, my vice president—Maria Leonor Gerona..." he stopped and directly looked into Leni's scintillating eyes, "Hinding hindi ako magsasawang sabihin ito sayo ng paulit ulit—"he stopped again.

While making her intrigued on what it might be as she wasn't sure on what was it, making a questionable look towards him.

"I love you, Leonor."

***

A/N: Sorry po kung hindi ako naka-update yesterday dahil po may sakit ako at ngayon lang po ulit nakapagsulat. I'll try to publish another chapter po by tomorrow if I had formulated another content for it. Salamat po sa pagbasa, love lots...