41

A/N : Dapat sana bukas ko pa ito ipapublish but I can't contain the feeling after finishing this one just a while ago, hahaha kaya update po ngayon😂. Halata naman po sa chapter title ang mangyayari pero basahin niyo pa rin kasi sweet at kilig 'tong part na ito. Dialogues and action on italics are flashbacks po from their memorable times. Happy reading po❤️

***

Chapter 41:
Till death do us part

Like what he did promise, next month you'll be Mrs. Duterte at last. August was the month when she answered him back in 2016, now, it's the month of the year they will also present themselves both to the altar and saying their vows to be hold unto forever.

A simple garden wedding on Malacanang Palace with only their closest friends and family to see the very anticipated moment of a lifetime for the couple.

Digong was wearing a simple barong tagalog paired with marrakech colored pants and leather shoes--he definitely likes where he was comfortable, despite only wearing a not so extravagant clothes his smile was in such luxury, wide and very much happy while his eyes were surely scintillating with such excitement.

"Maria Leonor Gerona Duterte," he thought as he wasn't believing this was happening at all, he was like living a dream but this time it was for real.

The entourage had started to walk down the aisle with his grandchildren as the flower girls, ring bearer and so on so forth. The place was filled with awestruck and cuteness while children were walking and smiling doing what they were tasked.

Next was Jill, Tricia, Aika as the bridesmaid of their mother while being paired to any men from the duterte family.

A white and gold theme silks where scattered over the top to serve as shade while everything was so pure and innocent as white like all the flowers.

He was only waiting for the lady in white, his bride who was about to cry across on where he stands.

Leni was overwhelmed on what was happening as she can't stop to let her tears fall down while smiling, "After 6 years of being widowed--once again I'm offering myself to the man who cheered me up and stayed with me through all hardships and success."

As the accompaniment started to play with only the talented PSGs doing so, melodious song was played making everyone avert their gaze to the one and only bride--her.

Not sure if you know this
But when we first met
I got so nervous I couldn't speak

"Ma'am dapat sana diyan ako sa katabi mo," Digong first line when they met played back to both of their mind as they can't help but to laugh remembering the president in that way.

She wasn't able to reply that time pronto as she blushed hardly at first and smiled to him...

In that very moment
I found the one and
My life had found its missing piece

"Kailan pa?" Leni asked when she was shocked to hear her daughters calling the president tatay.

"Two months before we took oath ma'am, ngayon lang nila ako pinayagan kaya ngayon lang kita niligawan," Digong replied shyly while scratching his head with embarrassment that he felt.