29

Chapter 29:
The Challenge

For the past few weeks she cut off the ties with the president and even her communication with him. Less connection, less interaction for she used her staff to coordinate if neces­sary and the last time she saw him was that graduation day that she walked out due to the people.

She entirely don't wanna see him again after what happened between them, she was hurt on what he said for it was much painful than a physical wound for it attacked her emotional state and stepping over her.

And finally the issue had subsided for at least how many percentage but the fact that it was still spreading and may be caught on fire again sooner or later.

This marked a month off that issue, finally Leni and her staff had decided to take a day off from work and rest, secluding themselves away from work but for her it was different.

Back in the reception house in Quezon City, she was accompanied by her three daughters for them to have a bonding time as also Tricia was off after a 24-hour duty on the hospital she was talking an on the job training for her school.

And there's Jill asking Leni and her older sister to go on a beach despite they only have a day to spend,"Ma,please ngayon lang oh." She begged while pulling her mother's arm gently.

"Huwag kang papayag mama," Aika told Leni her stand on disagreeing to that thought.

"Hindi na tayo magbebeach, next time nalang Jill ha busy pa si mama eh..." Leni answered her daughter while holding her laptop and a set of paperwork.

Those things caught Tricia's sharp sight as she stated, "Ma, akala ko naman pahinga yun pala trabaho pa." She commented with a sad look towards her mother. She felt that Leni was trying hard to win over the people again and she kept trying to return everything back to what was it supposed to be before.

"Pasensya na po, kailangan ko lang 'to tapusin." Leni mumbled as her reply.

She was plainly wearing a comfortable loose dress and slippers inside their house, maybe indeed this was a day without work but for her it' s what it was.

"Mama, order nalang tayo ng food para hindi na tayo magluto... What do you like Jill? Tricia? Ma?" Aika asked the three while glancing at each one of them.

"Lasagna will do for me," Tricia shortly replied as she goes upstairs to change her clothes.

"Pizza!" Jill shouted happily while jumping over the couch like a child.

Aika looked at her mother, waiting for an answer, "Ano sayo ma?"

Leni just stare at the ceiling for at least a minute, thinking what does she want and answered, "Nothing in particular ate, anything will do for your mama."

"I'll order for mama," Jill suggested while taking the phone of her sister and order their food instantly.

"The food will arrive before lunch," Aika informed them.

After hearing such Leni said her apologies, "Trabaho muna si mama sa taas ha, bahala na kayo rito."

The faces of her daughters were turned upside down once she said it...

"Trabaho, trabaho... May hinahabol ka ba ma?"

"Is the deadline of that files tomorrow?"

"Ma, tama si Ate Aika at Jill...ang aga-aga tutok na tutok ka na sa laptop at mga papeles na yan."

"Kahit ngayon lang mama, magpahinga ka naman muna oh; alam naman namin na di ikaw yun kasi kasama ka namin."

"Please just stay with us here in the living room, promise I won't be a spoiler to the movie."

Once she analyzed the stand of her daughters she can't help but to smile for she truly know that she was loved and carried by the most important people around her,"Opo, dae na po matrabaho an iyo mama..."she peacefully assured the three. (Opo, hindi na po magtratrabaho ang mama niyo.)

Well, after such scene. It was already 9:45 am so the ladies decided to take a snack while busy watching a movie.

The table was filled with variety of junk food especially Leni's favorites and a bunch on chocnut as always but this time she only took a plain oreo in sight and eat it which alerted her kids.

"Ma, ayaw mo sa cheetos o chocnut?"

"Oo nga ma, himala you don't like them."

"Pabayaan niyo na si mama, nagsasawa rin naman diba tayo sa paborito natin like now...mama don't want to touch those."

Nagsasawa, pinagsawaan

It kept playing on Leni's mind, "Ganoon na lang ba talaga ako?" she asked her unconsciously without knowing what she's doing.

"Ang ano ma? Na ano ka?" Jill intriguingly asked.

The voice of her daughter snapped her back to reality and said, "Wala ate Jill, may iniisip lang si mama."

Aika looked with concern to her mother, "Ma ang lalim naman ng iniisip mo. Shrug it off nalang and enjoy."

Tricie nodded in approval to her older sister, "Tama ate Aika, dapat chill tayo ngayon ma ha. No one will mention office or work starting--now." She challenged them all.

"Sige, the loser will get to try a strange gesture from eating kagaya ng dipping cheetos sa gatas." Leni added for the challenge as she saw the faces of the three turning to be disgusted.

As the three simultaneously commented over it,

"Mama ew,"

"Kadiri!"

"Bakit naman ganyan?!"

The reaction of the three just made her laugh all of a sudden and made her day complete.

An hour had passed after such scene, the phone of hers keep ringing... She doesn't want to bail out of the challenge so at first she decided to ignore it or else she'll be conceding defeat and will doing a disgusting thing.

But it didn't stop ringing at all the entirely bugged the 30-minutes part of the movie.

"Ma, take it please..."Aika told her to do so.

"Our game will take a break here... That call needs to be settled," Tricia stopped the game.

And Jill complained as she was bummed, "Yes please... Kung pwede paki tapon na rin yan kasi ang ingay."

"I'll take the call, pero hindi ako gagawa ng consequence na yun ha." Leni informed the three while getting her phone and walking away.

Few moments later...

"Yes, I'll be there tomorrow. Thank you for informing me." Leni ended the conversation with a gratitude.

As she walked back to the living room without saying a thing.

"Ano yun mama?" Jill queried setting a trap for Leni to slip.

"Sa office kailangan daw ako tomorrow," and yes indeed she fell for it. Once she took it she closed her mouth immediately and run away.

***

A/N : May part two po ito. Hahaha see you on the next chapter✌️