1

Disclaimer: This story is purely fictional and for entertainment purposes only. Not inclined on what is happening on the real world nor politics and religion.

Note: This story is raw and unedited. Typographical and grammatical errors can't be avoided.

Happy reading❤️

***

Chapter 1:
Camp Aguinaldo

July 1, 2016

The newly elected country leaders, President Rodrigo Roa Duterte and his vice president, Maria Leonor Gerona Robredo met for the very first time at Camp Aguinaldo for the turnover ceremonies of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP).

Digong, the country's first septuagenarian president, acknowledged Robredo's presence and seemed pleased to meet the former congresswoman.

Leni was wearing a barong inspired top with same fabric as the national costume of the country just turned into a modernised style for women with button down collar and full black lacey sleeve that do have patterns; paired with a pegged shaped skirt that had the same style and design as her sleeves.

Meanwhile the president, Digong was simply wearing a traditional barong with pearl gray pants.

Both seated on their respective seats, Leni beside Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana and Digong on a one seat interval.

Leni leans to the direction of the president before the ceremony had started, "Mr. President good afternoon," she said with a smile.

Her gestures did instantly caught the attention of Digong as he replied, "Ma'am good afternoon din and welcome pala dito,"

"Ladies and gentlemen, let us welcome our dearest newly elected president Rodrigo Roa Duterte as our speaker," the emcee called his name while the whole audience take a short break from blabbering and talking to one another.

With a smile on his face, he would like to indeed get to know Leni more for they would be working together for 6 years to improve the life and state of the Philippines, to start his speech he looked at Leni and the seat next to her, "This is my first time to meet you personally, ma'am. I would have preferred to be seated beside you but andiyan si Defense eh," he said, drawing laughter from the crowd.

"Okay lang ho sir, nice meeting you din po..." Leni whispered back with her greetings serving a genuine smile with it, accompanied with a light giggle caused by the president a while ago.

Digong had continued his speech talking things regarding this event, his life and presidency. It was an average length remarks that lasted for how many minutes but each glances and glimpse that he did last for a lifetime--capturing the sweet smiles, giggles and other reactions of Leni on what he said.

Everything seems so different from before, this was an unforeseen--an unsure feelings had sprouted from his heart, "Dapat sana magkasabay nalang tayo sa inaugural ceremony," he thought of while reading his speech.

He had was reminiscing on his inaugural ceremony where he decided to have the ever first separate inauguration so he won't hurt the feelings of his colleague, Bongbong Marcos.  It was a big mistake for him as he just realised something...

Minutes later he finished and goes back to his seat while calling the attention of Leni with a tap on her hand.

"Ma'am sana magkasunod tayo even though we are complete opposite of each other," Digong admitted the fact that he was an opposite to Leni's ideology but in fact he was willing to pair up and be the best leaders on this administration.

"Naihalal tayo sapagkat gusto ng mga Pilipino, para sa kanila let's do it Mr. President." Leni replied with a cheerful voice that was filled with confidence but she was quite formal with the call, few seconds had gone by and she realised it making her laugh all of a sudden.

Digong simply chuckle while seeing a stunning lady near him, laughing on what she said, "Ma'am kahit ano ang itawag mo saakin okay lang yun tutal ikaw naman." he informed with assurance, a hand shake perhaps would suffice since they didn't did it at first.

The crowd was so noisy but with the candid smiles, laughters and such made them roar much more especially when...

"Leni," Digong mumbled to himself once his eyes met--hers.

Silencing the two for a moment as if the time had stopped, they own the time at the moment and no one was able to ruin it--deeply gazing into each other eyes to truly know one's goals and desire.

A fake cough both halted the two from looking into one another, an awkward silence now dominates after what happened but it was ceased for Digong had more things in mind to say.

Redirecting their attention back to the ceremony and doing nothing was what they did to escape such rough-hewn scenario, Leni was busy tapping her fingers on her lap while waiting for the end of the ceremony meanwhile Digong asked for a drink to his PSG at the back.

A few moments later, Bong himself had handed out a bottle of drink to Digong--it wasn't an only one for he requested for two.

Digong did offer a bottle of coconut water to Robredo and shaking hands with her for the second time, "Ma'am ito po pantagal uhaw," he commented while giving what he had after the hand shake.

"Salamat sir," Leni remarked her gratitude, she was payed off immediately once she smile widely and genuinely at the president.

He slowly let one of his hand touch his chest, he can surely feel his heart racing fast beat--throbbing because he was overwhelmed by such lady beside him.

Leni was quiet worried for Digong once she saw the president pressing the part of his chest which was the heart was located, "Bong, si Sir parang inaatake..."she frantically whispered to Bong who was just behind them.

"Mawawala din yan Vice president, huwag kang masyadong mag-alala." Bong responded calmly as he pats Leni's shoulders for her to settle down as well and not to alert the crowd.

After she calmed down, Leni heave a sigh of relief once she saw Digong at ease--" Alagaan mo ang sarili mo," she avowed to herself, keeping it only for her.

Once the ceremony was done, both leaders had stopped from the back as a Dubredo army took their photo it was their ever first selfie together as one.

"Ma'am you are welcome to visit me anytime para makapag-usap pa tayo ng matagal,"Digong interjected that broke the existing silence.

"Sige po sir, I will make an appointment to have my ever first curtesy call to Malacanang as soon as possible," she responded without hesitation after all it was the president of the Philippines she was talking to.

"I will be looking forward for your visit, Leni." Digong mumbled to himself but unfortunately it was heard by Leni.

"Sir ano po yun?" she asked after all she just heard a one word which was her name.

With a shrug, Digong stated, "Wala man ma'am, tinawag lang ho kita." he explained while scratching his head out of embarrassment.

The talks between the two simply ended with a moment of laughter exchange and ideas to tell.

***

A/N : Chapter 1 done, sana naman po may nagbabasa nito. I hope you'll support this fanfic like the other story of our country leaders. Thank you po❤️