~ Skipped meals ~

Start from the beginning

"Office? Now I see you're in your work clothes. Were you about to go there?"

"N-no, please listen Bummie. Am sorry. I went there and when I heard Jae was back I rushed in here. I didn't have time but it's all good now."

"So you skipped work? Are you out of your mind? Why are you being so impulsive? And on second thoughts, just skipping breakfast won't get you this bad. What did you eat the night before?"

"I don't remember. I guess Ramyeon. Yeah..that's it"

"Tell me honestly y/n. We both know you can't lie."

"Bummi-"

"Enough y/n. What is wrong with you?"

I must have raised my voice because everyone rushed in to our side. I saw her flinch. I must have lost it. The anger about them not taking care of themselves and guilt of not being for them was gnawing at me. I decided and announced.

"Youngjae and y/n, I am angry that both of you are skipping meals and losing your health. So as a punishment, you both need to have proper meals 3 times a day and send me photos of what you ate. The selfie with food and the timestamp for the day. I don't want any cheating. Understood?"

They both agreed in unison.

POV end.

Your POV

After an earful from Bummie, we ate the meal cooked by Mark and Jinyoung. It was delicious, no doubt. I decided to rest at the dorm for sometime and the others left for their schedules. It was almost 8pm when I woke up and was welcomed with a bright light flashing on my face.

Fuck that brightness!

I was startled to see 29 missed calls.

Some from my team members, majority by Dumpling and some from that Jerkface. What happened. I told her it was my sick leave. There were 9 unread messages. I clicked the GroupChat and realised that the situation escalated during the meeting and I was to be present before the end of the day.

Shit.

FML.

I got up and bid Bummie, Youngjae and Jinyoung goodbye while I rushed to hail a cab. Upon reaching the office, I could sense the grim atmosphere and nobody smiled. Instead they gave me accusatory stares.

What did I do now?

I was about to ask Dumpling but got called by the secretary of Jerkface.

I. Am. Doomed.

Upon entering the office, I heard an earful from the Jerkface who exclaimed how we had to let down face infront of the boss because the budget approved file was nowhere in sight. And how did I plan a sick leave on the day of the meeting. Yeah meeting, shit. But I already mailed it to the team mail as far as I remember. And the softcopy was in the pendrive I gave to Dumpling.

Just as I was about to explain, our boss entered.

Seriously, is bad luck playing housie with me?
'cause either ways I am in hell.

Another sarcastic remark. But this was not the usual one. It were the kind of remarks that shame the employee and send them on a guilt trip for crimes they could possibly commit being the careless people they are.

How do I know?

I was on one.

It hurt.

All of it.

Getting accused by leader, boss, gossip of the members and someone even complained that I was being too bossy.

Everything crossed in line.

Guess he scored a first line in housie.
Slowly everyone left.

Why bother for a colleague when it's time to take off. Well, Friday nights are more important.

What came over me, I don't know but I sobbed.

Cried my effing heart out.

My mood was swinging due to the goddamn hormones aka periods were no fun.

All that happened over time, took its toll. I felt the bile rise up my throat and next thing I know, I was emptying the content over the toilet bowl. Dumpling rushed inside and helped me clean up. I walked out while she packed her bags. I felt cold all of sudden.

Was it because I was sick or was it because I missed the warmth of someone close to me.

Ugh, the dizzy spells were back. Not again. Jerkface stopped by making me wonder what happened. He held me by the shoulders trying to ask if I am alright. Seriously, after what all I was put through how can I be?

Tsk.

I told him that I completed everything and mailed it and we were suddenly coming closer and I heard him shout before I fainted. (a/n: hello darkness, my ol' friend :p)

POV end.

Third person POV

Y/n fell unconscious and Mr. Kim helped her up along with Dumpling. He asked if she needs to be taken to the hospital but she insisted on taking her home. Mr. Kim offered them a ride to Y/n's house and Dumpling decided to stay with her. He informed her that if things went wrong, he will be available. And to keep updating him about her health.
And he left.

POV end.

_______________________________________

A/N: Do Vote and Comment 💚 Feel free to give feedbacks.