Chapter 66: Energetic

Sora had accompanied both Yamato's mother and (Y/n) around the estate. Though he was hardly interested in the manor itself, he had succeeded in getting the younger girl away from the brunette even if just for a bit. He made coy remarks and subtle flirts during the tour, placing "friendly" kisses on her hand. Of course, he made sure no one but the girl herself could see them, knowing how much he could upset the members of the Hisaki Conglomerate if they found him hitting on Yamato's point of interest.

Soon he found the entire day had passed, and dinner came before he knew it. A feast was arranged, intended to ease the Hisaki Conglomerate into being peaceful with their rival yakuza group's heir. At the time, they didn't know why the feast was arranged, but they weren't complaining, stuffing their mouths with the delicious food. And when Yamato's mother hit her glass with her fork, drawing the attention of the crowd, they stopped for just a moment.

"Attention," she called, "I know of the recent outrage about the Gensai Group's proceedings, but we have a guest here that is here to negotiate peace. I will not have any violence towards him while he is here, am I clear?"

The room gave grumbles, looking at one another. They clearly weren't amused by her proposal, but they didn't have a choice, following her words as they always did. Thus, when Sora entered the room, they went silent, most recognizing him, and others turning to people by them for an explanation. All the while, the ravenette was confident, pacing into the room with a cocky smirk, giving a wink to one or two people he crossed.

Noticing that Yamato was sitting to the left of his mother, (Y/n) right beside him, there was no way that Sora was going to sit anywhere else but by them. In the process, it encaged the (h/c) haired girl inbetween the two boys, giving her an idea of the tension they possessed. Every now and then, she would feel a glare between them, making a shiver go up her spine. The girl didn't respond to it, just eating her dinner and trying to ignore all the glares in the room, most of them directed at Sora himself.

There were many mutters concerning the ravenette's presence, especially when his father never intended to have peace with his enemies. True, that was the case, but Sora was not his father. Even if he only used a peaceful talk as a cover to stay in the estate without Yamato's interference, it still held power. Perhaps in the future, if he willed it, the relationship between the two groups would be much less aggravating. Then again, he was in the middle of a war with Yamato over who the younger girl would be with.

At the thought, Sora gave a wider smirk and grabbed onto the (h/c) haired girl's hand, bringing it to rest on his thigh. He felt her tense at his touch, but she eased into it and let him, making him feel more pride swell inside of his already overflowing ego. His gaze then turned to the brunette, finding it amusing how he was in the dark about what was happening just next to him. Then again, Yamato wasn't able to do anything about it, considering if he got into a fight, so would his members.

"Earlier," Sora said, directing his words to the younger girl, "it looked like you were in the middle of a lesson. It's like you're in school or some shit. Do you often do that fucking thing?"

"Yes. I've learned a lot about traditional practices like tea pouring, shodo calligraphy, things like that."

"All intended for you to be Kage's wife?"

"Well, I never actually agreed to that," the younger girl pouted.

Sora smirked further, stroking his thumb along the back of her hand, still holding it affectionately. He was relishing the fact that he had her next to him, but he wasn't so sure he liked the people gawking at him. Sure, he was to be admired and idolized, but he wasn't so sure that the members of the Hisaki Conglomerate deserved to gaze upon his glorious form. The same could be said of the way they stared at (Y/n) when she was talking to him. He found it rude and unbecoming, especially with drabble like them.