Chapter 20: Lineage

A few days later after her talk with Sora, (Y/n) was residing in her room, waiting patiently for something to happen in which to entertain her, but it seemed like she would die of boredom. As she kicked her legs on the bed she rested on, the guards showed annoyance, forced to watch her. When she heard a grumble of discontent from one of them, she stopped what she was doing out of courtesy. It was not pleasant to be sneered at whenever she tried to do something to amuse herself, and she found it easily tiring.

So when she heard a knocking on the door, she stood up quickly and opened it, curious to see who was beyond it. With the appearance of orange hair, the (h/c) haired girl was eager to see what the troublemaker had in store. Asuka gave the younger female a cheeky grin and whisked her away from the room, making some of the guards let out a sigh of relief. She clearly wasn't going to be missed.

When (Y/n) was led to the backyard of the estate, she gave an impressed hum as she took a look at her surroundings. The backyard itself seemed to stretch for quite a while, and although surrounded by other buildings in the city, it seemed to hold an aspect of nature in it. There were a few different flowers growing in a small garden, as well as fresh vegetables, though she wondered if they used them or not in the meals served in the dining hall.

However, as she looked further into the backyard, she saw a jungle-like area with trees obviously not native to the area. And when she saw the black swish of a tail, she realized that she was in the domain of a black tiger. Toma gave a low growl, his eyes focused on both girls that stepped foot into the area. He seemed to be judging them, giving an unimpressed glare as he paced back and forth. It looked as though he was going to attack.

"There he is," the orange-haired girl chuckled, "He's a big kitty, ain't he? I mean, he's not all that, but still. Wanna meet him?"

"Meet him?" (Y/n) scoffed, putting up her arms in a defensive position, "He'll eat me. Or at the very least, attack me."

"He won't dare do anything," Asuka smirked, stepping towards the tiger who began to growl threateningly at her, "If he does, I'll tackle him in a chokehold and pin him to the ground. Isn't that right, Toma?"

The tiger growled loudly, warning her that if she should step forward once more, he would attack; however, when she did, he only let out a huff and turned his back on her. Clearly, he was not a heartless monster. He seemed to recognize that Asuka was important to his master, and though he appeared to despise her, he seemed to have restraint in attacking her. Instead, he looked to (Y/n). He didn't seem to know who she was, and because of that, he let out another warning roar.

His posture became rigid and tense, and he bared his fangs for the girl to see, warning her that she was in his territory. As she stepped back, she noticed the tiger had adopted more of a kitten-like appearance, at least in its posture, its tail wagging as it looked up. While (Y/n) tried to see what it was gazing at to make it react in such a manner, she wasn't able to see anything. There was only a window, and the faint lingering of some kind of smoke.

It was then that the tiger returned to its uncaring nature, and roared at the (h/c) haired girl one more time before huffing and laying down, its tail curled around itself. It was reminiscent of a blanket for the creature. Asuka stalked towards the creature and attempted to sneak up on it. The tiger opened its eyes and huffed at her, its tail flicking as though it anticipated the need to attack. Yet, before it could react, she had it in a headlock, making it growl and hiss as she laughed hysterically.

"Oh, look at you, kitty-kitty," she teased it, "Miss your master? Little lamb, come here! You can pet him if you want now!"

"I don't think it's a good idea to make him angrier than he already is," the (h/c) haired girl chuckled nervously.