Chapter 48: Clear Blue Water

Sora watched as the two girls before him began to peruse the store for swimsuits. He gave a sigh, finding it to be exhausting. The ravenette didn't know why they had insisted on him coming, but he followed, regretting it severely. They'd been taking their time, chatting to each other about what styles they liked or ones they were fond of. However, not once had they gone to the changing room. They seemed more interested in talking about wearing it than actually wearing it and it made the ravenette bored out of his mind.

Another aspect of his grand regret was that he was constantly asked if he was there as one of the two girls' boyfriend. Unfortunately, he couldn't claim he had a girlfriend, and it was awkward to shun the idea of him having (Y/n) to himself. Asuka was another story entirely. He'd just say he was her friend, too stingy to use the words "best friend", but the workers in the shop seemed to understand.

Of course, since it was a high-end store, and he was the one paying, they had insisted on showing him different bathing suits that he might like on the girls. However, he only turned his head away at what they showed him. The outfits were far too flashy, and when he thought about them on the (h/c) haired girl, his face turned a bright red and he turned to the side, refusing to make eye contact with anyone. Very unusual for someone that talked about detailed sex openly in any other situation.

"Sora," Asuka called playfully, holding a swimsuit in her hand and showing the ravenette, putting it up to the younger girl's body.

"Are you a fucking dumbass?" he asked, once again averting his eyes, his face burning up, "Somethin' like that wouldn't suit her. It's too...arousin'."

At this, the orange-haired girl snickered, finding his reaction to be one of a kind. He didn't often get embarrassed, comfortable with saying outright what he wanted or liked, but it was a rare opportunity for her, and she planned to milk it for all it was worth. Turning to the younger girl, she gave a curious look at her, earning a "quack" from her as she continued looking for swimsuits.

"So you don't think she's sexy?" Asuka teased, directing her question to Sora.

"Not especially," he responded, sneaking a peek at the younger girl without letting Asuka know he was doing it, "It just doesn't suit her."

"Well, then, dickhead, why don't you pick out something for her? You clearly seem to know better than us."

To prove he always knew better, the ravenette stood up with an irritated groan and began to look through the racks of swimsuits. His expressions appeared bored as he searched through them, giving small winces at some of them or disgusted looks at others. That being said, it didn't take long for him to find one he deemed was near perfect. Picking it up, he grabbed the (h/c) haired girl's wrist and tugged her to the changing room, shoving her in there with the outfit.

When she came out, Asuka gave an impressed yet suspicious hum at Sora's pick. It wasn't like anything he would have chosen for another one of his girls. More like it was a ploy to ensure she was covered as much as possible. It was a luxuriously made two-piece with a peasant top look to it so it hung off her shoulders and a skirt that accompanied it, reaching up to her mid-abdomen. It didn't reveal a lot of skin, but it was intricately decorated in navy blue and gold accents. The only adjustment the ravenette would have added was that the two pieces should have been one to completely cover her torso, but it was the best thing he had found.

"Oddly cute for a Gensai to pick out," Asuka snickered.

"I really like it," (Y/n) smiled, twirling around playfully to inspect herself, "Didn't know you were a fashion guru, sleeping beauty."

"You're a fucking pain," the ravenette smirked, placing his arm around the girl and pulling her in to rub her hair, messing it up in the process.

Meanwhile, Asuka presented her swimsuit to the male, giving a face that would be best described as her having ulterior motives. Sora seemed to know what she wanted instantly and took it from her, also taking (Y/n)'s swimsuit when she changed out of it. He then proceeded to the register, trying not to roll his eyes at the honey-sweet tone the cashier was using simply because he was a big spender.