Chapter 12: Ducklings

Sora took his sweet time responding, but it wasn't that he didn't know who he preferred better. It was that he wasn't entirely sure he wanted to respond in front of everyone. If the situation were different, and it was only the two of them that heard his answer, it appeared that he'd say his answer without so much as a second of hesitation. He clearly preferred one far over the other, that much was obvious.

The black tiger at his feet began to once again demand his attention, roaring loudly. The animal received what it wanted, being pampered with petting from the ravenette who focused more on the microphone before him. Seraphina seemed displeased with him not responding quickly as if he was closely deciding between them, but Asuka looked relaxed and began to yawn out of boredom.

"Asuka," Sora said, shoving the microphone away from him and rubbing the tiger's belly.

The orange-haired girl smirked, seeing Seraphina's shocked state and sat down on the sofa next to Sora, earning an annoyed scoff from him. Although, he didn't do anything to push her away. He just let her remain there. The tiger then gave a growl and laid down, knowing it wouldn't be able to have as much attention as it would have liked. Asuka then stuck out her boots for Seraphina to kiss, but the navy haired girl seemed disgusted.

Sora glared at her, daring her to go back on her bet. As (Y/n) though about why he reacted like that, it came to her oddly simply. He seemed like the kind of guy that upheld his bets and he probably didn't want Seraphina to drag down his reputation since she sort of belonged to him. Then again, perhaps it was more because he preferred Asuka far over her that he didn't want her to go back on it.

So Seraphina gave a deep sigh and bent down, reluctantly kissing Asuka's boots, although she nearly gagged after. The men and women that had been rooting for Asuka stood up and began to cheer, some of them starting fights with those that preferred Seraphina. It seemed a common occurrence, but it didn't please (Y/n) that she was once again in an environment with so much violence surrounding her.

"I'll take the million dollars now," Asuka said, holding out her hand.

A man handed the orange-haired girl a briefcase that supposedly contained the money, and she took it gratefully, flicking Sora in the head before heading back to Enmei and (Y/n). She then presented the briefcase to the timid boy with a wide smile. He looked at her with great confusion, but she didn't give him the chance to refuse, shoving it in his arms.

"I don't need it," Asuka said, "so I'd like you to have it. Think of it as an apology for her behavior towards you."

"W-What? No!" Enmei said, trying to hand the briefcase back to her, only for her to dodge him and stick out her tongue, "I can't have this kind of money!"

After a few more minutes of both of them arguing the other should have the money, Enmei was forced to take it, but he promised he would pay her back. She merely chuckled, but didn't seem to take his promise seriously. The both of them walked (Y/n) back to her room, making sure she was comfortable before leaving. Asuka gave her a big hug and then skipped out of the room with her phone in hand, likely going off to play Grand Prix Girl. Enmei gave an embarrassed chuckle as she did, wishing her goodnight, but remained in the room for a while, sitting on the chair for seemingly no reason.

"Are you alright?" (Y/n) asked, placing her hand on the boy's shoulder.

He flinched and fell back, hitting his head against the floor, making a loud thumping noise in the process, the chair tilted back with him. His dark blue eyes shrank before he closed them and shook his head, putting his hand on his head. Then he let out a sigh and stood up, placing the chair where it was and giving a shy grin to the (h/c) haired girl. She watched him with a strange feeling in her chest.