Chapter 16: Punishable Offense

(Y/n) looked over at Asuka, noting the large gap of silence that resounded after she told the (h/c) haired girl that the person she visited was a murderer. She was thrown into her memories, gripping the steering wheel tightly. At this point, it had been far longer than half an hour and the younger female was beginning to get worried about the orange-haired girl. She placed her hand on the girl's shoulder, making her tense and let out a great sigh.

"Sorry," Asuka said quietly, rubbing the bridge of her nose, "I'm hungry. Want something to eat? I'm in the mood for a coffee."

(Y/n) shrugged, making the orange-haired girl let out another sigh and turn the radio on, far beyond normal levels of volume. She wanted to block something out, quite clearly, but it did not appear as though she wanted to talk about it. So, as they arrived at a nearby cafe, they sat down at a table, and began to drink their beverages in the slightly hot sun. The weather hadn't changed since the (h/c) haired girl had been taken from Yamato's estate, and summer was still on its way.

"Are you really alright?" (Y/n) asked, still concerned for the orange-haired girl.

"Huh? O-Oh, well, maybe," the older female replied, placing her latte at her lips, "I just get out of it when I'm going to have a job. They tend to be stressful."

"Then, why not try telling me about that Grand Prix Girl game you like so much?" the (h/c) haired girl smiled.

Asuka's eyes lit up and a wide smile formed across her features as she reached into her pants pocket and took out her phone. She then input her password and pulled up a game, showing it to (Y/n). Her tone became much more excited as she began to explain how the game worked and the plot. She seemed to truly admire the game, being particularly fascinated with Miyuki Ikeda, who did bear a strong resemblance to the (h/c) haired girl.

Time passed rather quickly as she explained everything, her mood significantly raised, a wide beam on her face as she talked quickly and energetically. Every once in a while, she would do a little pose to show her enthusiasm for the game. After finishing explaining how it worked, she handed her phone to the girl to allow her to play. To (Y/n)'s surprise, the game was surprisingly fun and cute, leading to the two of them talking about it with great enjoyment.

"You're not bad company," Asuka chuckled, finishing off her latte as she entered the car, "I've gotta head to my target right now, so I have to drop you off at the main estate. But when I get back tomorrow morning, let's hang out and have some real fun, okay? I'll bring games, snacks, pizza, the whole nine yards!"

"Sounds great!" the (h/c) haired girl smiled, knowing she'd solidified her friendship with the older female.

While returning back to the estate and being held captive wasn't preferable, she didn't mind so much if she had some lively company. They arrived back at the estate, and though the guards threw up a fight, they respected the orange-haired girl's wishes and allowed her back inside. Of course, the same couldn't be said for the inside of the place, all kinds of people rushing about, running around in a hurry to find something. They were mumbling and chatting about finding something, but when they noticed (Y/n) standing there, they all paused and there was some whistling from the crowd. It seemed that they had found what they were looking for, and some were eager to see the results.

Then there was a stomping coming from the other side of the large hall, revealing a furious Sora scowling at the (h/c) haired girl. He pushed back his hair, getting it out of the way of his eyes, and walked further towards the two girls that just arrived back at the estate. He then gripped onto (Y/n)'s wrist and held it tightly, giving her a look that read she was obviously in trouble.

"You've got some nerve," he chuckled, though it was far from light, "You'll be comin' with me, girly."

"Leave her alone before I - " Asuka started, only to be interrupted by the ravenette.