Chapter 45: Fingers Crossed

As (Y/n) gave a wave to the ravenette, wishing him good luck on preparing the contract, he gave a smirk, finding her company to bring only good things. At the same time, his cheeks turned a light pink. He still felt an urge to be close to her at all times, wanting to claim her for himself, but, still, he didn't acknowledge it. Yet, the more it flew over his head, the more it built up desire in him, leading him to do actions he wouldn't have normally done.

This would include the male finding his way to the sublevel where his prisoners were. He kept many there, whether they withheld information, betrayed him or the Gensai Group in some way or another, or simply annoyed him. Most were tortured for what they had done, with the rare exception of (Y/n), who meant too much to the male to do such things to her. Still, the one he was on the way to see was already tortured, and he didn't care enough to be there for it.

As he opened the door, he found the torturer already at work, the screams and threats of the girl he was at work on echoing in the room. Though she was clearly disgraced and out of favor of the ravenette, she seemed to think she could get out of it by simply mentioning his name. It didn't work in the slightest, the torturer knowing he'd received such orders to ignore any of her words.

When the navy-haired girl realized Sora had joined her, she turned her attention to him, glaring at him. She clearly wanted him to let her out and give her an apology, but he was going to do anything but. Though he was enraged at (Y/n) for attempting to run, he blamed it on Seraphina for enabling her to do so. Besides, the (h/c) haired girl had proven herself useful time and time again.

The ravenette gave a signal for the torturer to stop what he was doing, receiving a curt nod, and watching as the man stepped away, letting them have privacy. The navy-haired girl was not removed from her restraints, the ravenette keen on irritating her as much as possible. He knew she hated being powerless in most situations, and it was only another form of torture to her, feeling his eyes on her while he said nothing for the longest time. So, instead, she started the conversation.

"What? Come to gloat?" she snapped, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Hardly," Sora scoffed, crossing his arms over his chest, "I just wanted to let you know by the time I'm done speakin' to you, the torturer is gonna come in here and execute you."

"Please," the girl huffed, rolling her eyes and giving the male a death glare, "You're really going to throw me away because I hurt your feelings? You would have been fine without her."

"Apparently not," he sighed, moving his eyes to the ground and giving a puzzled look to it, "She's been oddly useful. Better than you, even."

"So you've already fucked her. What a gentleman, Sora."

"I didn't touch her like that," the male said, contemplating why he hadn't, "Although, I want to. She gets hotter by the second, yet I never act on it. Somethin' wrong with me. I don't remember the last time I fucked one of the other girls either."

Seraphina's face went blank as she understood what was happening to the male, but she felt the urge to throw up at his words. Sure, she knew he was pretty unattached and brutal when it came to their relationship or most others, excluding his relationship with Asuka and Toma. He didn't seem remotely interested in giving back in the relationship, other than paying the girls of his harem for their "services", but, for the most part, he couldn't have cared less. It could be very obviously portrayed by the way he instantly turned on Seraphina when he was given even an inkling she was responsible for helping (Y/n) escape.

"You're kidding," the navy-haired girl scoffed, watching the male's confused reaction.

"What the fuck do you mean?" he asked, furrowing his eyebrows.