Chapter 27: Information

Though Asuka put her all into ensuring (Y/n) felt safe, the younger girl wouldn't stop checking windows and doors, looking around the room for any semblance of someone listening. It was apparent that she felt threatened by something, and that she was trying to do anything to get it to leave. Still, there were no such things as ghosts, or so the orange-haired girl believed, so there had to be another reason for the girl's behavior.

"(Y/n), calm down," she said, rubbing the girl's back reassuringly, "This is my room, no one enters or leaves without me knowing. Not even Sora. So, come, relax, feel safe already."

The (h/c) haired girl didn't seem to believe the older female's words, continuing to pace repeatedly around time and time again. She was nervously looking to the door, lest someone burst in and harm her or another. And though Asuka retained a calm and understanding demeanor, it didn't help her calm down, even as the orange-haired girl offered her a piece of pizza.

"Why don't you, at the very least, tell me about what's bothering you?" Asuka asked, her brows arching in concern as she began to braid her own hair, rather poorly at that, "Are you still worried about Enmei?"

"It's not just him," the (h/c) haired girl sighed, pushing her hair out of her face, "What you said. About him and Sora, it was true. This has happened before, but I won't let it. I know, so I'll - "

(Y/n) stopped talking when she realized that Asuka was smiling gently at her, letting her get it out of her system and say what needed to be said. At this, the (h/c) haired girl felt quite safe and comforted, and she sat down next to the older female, letting her comfort her greatly. Her touch was soft and gentle, making the situation much more mellow. Asuka didn't push her to do anything, just did all she could for the girl.

Patient though she was, Asuka was able to get something out of it. It wasn't a purely selfless endeavor. She found that the company (Y/n) provided was more than lovely. It was something that gave her motivation besides pure hatred of her father. It was easier to rely on the girl and provide reliance than for her to suffer alone. The (h/c) haired girl was helping her as much as the orange-haired girl was helping her.

"Don't worry, duckling," she chuckled, brushing the younger girl's hair out of her eyes, "I'll protect you, I said I would, remember? If either one of them scares you, all you have to do is call for me. And if I see something, I'll take you away from here as quickly as I can."

(Y/n) let herself fade away into a slumber to the relaxing pets that Asuka gave her. Her eyes closed as she put her utmost trust into the orange-haired girl. And the older girl didn't in the slightest, her mind going back, recalling, to the times she had long ago. When everything was simpler, more loving, merciful. It was a relief to have them back again, to have someone else there for her, and to be able to be there for someone else, especially when it was the duckling resting on her lap.

. . .

"(Y/n)," Asuka said gently, stirring the girl from her sleep just slightly, "Miyuki?"

The (h/c) haired girl opened her eyes just barely to see the older girl holding her tightly and protectively, a grand smile on her face. As the younger female sat up and rubbed at her eyes, she saw the sun beginning to set through the window in the room. Though it appeared that night would emerge soon, there were still a couple of hours left. Asuka seemed to make note of this, looking at the sun with a concerned expression.

"I've got something to do," the orange-haired girl said quietly, "And it has to be at a certain time so I have to leave to get ready. Will you be alright?"

"Can I come with you?" (Y/n) asked quietly, clinging to the girl who watched over her.

Asuka gave a concerned look, likely thinking about how Sora would react should he find out that she was taken out of the estate. She tilted her head from side to side, thinking on it as she hummed before an ecstatic expression appeared. The orange-haired girl was grinning wide as she eagerly shook her head, agreeing to the girl's request. It was then that she gave the (h/c) haired girl a large hug and bolted out of the room.