Chapter 64: Flower Arrangements

Yamato had fallen asleep, (Y/n) tucked carefully in his arms. There was no other way the male could sleep comfortably. He hadn't woken up from any nightmares nor had he worried too much that someone would try to take her while he was sleeping. That was a small part of the reason he held her so close to him. The other part was because her warmth filled him with love. He slept soundly, as did she, something that helped him to sleep thoroughly.

In the morning, he was the first to wake up, something unusual for him. He preferred to sleep in as much as possible, but he was not at all displeased by the first sight he was granted. The (h/c) haired girl was snuggled into his chest, her little sighs making her chest heave up and down ever so slightly. She held a peaceful expression that twisted just a bit as he kissed her awake. Her nose scrunched and she tried to retreat, further burying herself into his chest.

"I love you, too," he chuckled, letting her have a few more minutes of sleep just because she enthralled him with her small actions.

As the time passed, he only looked down at her and played with her hair with one of his hands. The other was under her neck, supporting her, so he let it lay on the small of her back. She was utterly at peace, comforted by the sound of his heartbeat through his chest. The younger girl was protected by the brunette, and he couldn't be happier for it. The responsibility was all his and he took pride in it.

Not too much longer after he had woken up, the (h/c) haired girl stirred a bit and looked up from his chest with sleepy eyes, giving a small yawn. She looked into his golden pupils, memorizing the way they shimmered upon looking at her. There was a happiness lurking behind his eyes that even bubbled to the features on his face, a joyful smile showing his overflow of affection for her.

"Good morning, kitten," Yamato grinned, placing a soft kiss on her lips to stir her further awake, "Are you ready for today? I've decided your lessons will start up again."

"Do I have to?" (Y/n) groaned, burying herself back in the male's chest.

"Well, I'd appreciate it if you did, but if you get encumbered, you can join me in my study for a break. You'll be treated with respect and your instructor will go easy on you for the next few days."

"What if I really really wanted to be with you today, darling?" the girl asked, lifting her head and putting on her sweetest tone and using sugared words to coerce the male into letting her off of lessons.

Yamato's face lit up with bright red when hearing her words. He began stuttering and looking from one side to the other to see if she was talking to him. When he figured it out that it was him she was talking to, his face turned brighter and he shoved the girl back into his chest so she couldn't see his clearly bashful expression. The brunette was so overwhelmed that she had used such a tone and had called him such an adoring term of endearment that he could barely think straight.

"I-I...don't call me that again!" the brunette snapped, his face becoming more red by his embarrassed outburst, "It's ridiculous and...terrible!"

"Should I call you 'puppy' then?" the younger girl suggested with a playful snicker, "You call me 'kitten'."

"I think it's time for breakfast," Yamato said, speaking rapidly and getting out of the bed as quickly as possible.

His face was more red than it had ever been and that was saying something. It seemed that no matter what (Y/n) said, it made his cheeks at least a little pink. He seemed to neglect she had the upperhand in pretty much everything. If she wanted to get out of lessons, all it'd take was to snuggle up to him and he'd let her stay with him in his study. If she wanted to go outside the estate, all she'd have to do was tell him it would be a date. On the other hand, if she said she wanted to see Sora, there would have been nothing she could have done to convince him.