Chapter 3: Out On The Town

It was mid-afternoon when Yamato had a visitor enter his study. His features lit up, hoping it would be the love of his life, but he only became blank when he saw a man enter. This particular man was there to discuss a deal with the yakuza group, concerning their members in other regions in Japan. It was supposed to allow them to maintain better contact with the main house, but at the same time, it was tricky.

They didn't want to lose their hold on their members, knowing if they did, the police would be bothering them left and right about their undisciplined behavior. Perhaps that wasn't the problem Yamato dreaded since he could easily get out of, but it was the extra work he had to have. He already had his hands full and it was taking away his precious time with (Y/n). The brunette sighed and watched as the clearly foreign man struggled with the concept of sitting on the floor. When he figured it out, he gave a nervous laugh, intimidated by either Yamato's build or his power.

"I'd prefer you to be blunt," the yakuza heir snapped, making the foreign man tense and set his bodyguards on high alert, "I don't have time I wish to waste on you. Someone more important deserves my valuable time."

"I see," the man said, his heavy accent showing, "Then let's get right to it. No pleasantries?"

"No," Yamato growled, his eyes shooting daggers into the foreign man.

"Oh, nonsense!" his mother giggled, coming through the door with a joyful demeanor, "(Y/n) just learned something very important! Let her use it!"

The brunette's mood immediately changed upon the mention of the girl he so longed for. So when she came into the room, her cheeks red from the attention of the room on her, he let out a loving sigh, watching her intently. He watched eagerly as she placed a cup in front of him and then the foreign man who seemed to relax due to the change in atmosphere, especially since Yamato had no reason to be tense anymore.

(Y/n) took a small breath in as she leaned to pour tea into the foreign man's cup, her hands trembling from pressure. Yamato watched, a pang in his heart appearing when he saw the girl scared and placed his hand on her back, massaging it slightly to calm her nerves. It seemed to work slightly, but he still felt jealousy from seeing the girl pour tea for another man. Sure, it was a responsibility she was going to have, but he didn't like it.

His tune changed when she began to pour him green tea, surprising him by her choice in teas. He began to blush as she took great care in maintaining a proper posture, but when she reached for something behind her, he froze, confused. The girl poured a spoonful of honey and then mixed it into the tea, blowing on the hot liquid so that he wouldn't burn his tongue. At that point, he couldn't take it and grabbed the girl, pulling her in for a greatly affectionate hug.

"Oh, kitten, you're so sweet," he mumbled, trying to make it so only she could hear his words, far too embarrassed to let his mother or the foreign man hear.

Imagine the male's surprise when the girl released herself from his hug and clung onto his arm, nuzzling her head against his bicep. His face went bright red and he tried to refrain from smiling, although it was near impossible. The foreign man watched intently as he brought the cup to his lips, smiling at the pleasant sweetness of the brew. He then moved his eyes to land on the (h/c) haired girl then to the brunette, making a connection.

"I didn't tell you that you look at her, did I, dumbass?" Yamato growled, holding the girl tightly to himself in a possessive and protective manner, "She's too good for you."

The girl that he was holding tightly tried her best not to let a frown appear on her features. After all, in the presence of Yamato's mother, she was quite intimidated. She was in control of everything that happened in the estate, and even in many areas outside of it. Most of all, she believed that Yamato's feelings for (Y/n) were entirely reciprocated, unaware of his holding her against her will or of his previous kidnapping of her.