Ch. 42 Bad Luck Charms

I am a liiittle over my one month deadline for updates 😅 sorryyy Ch. 42 was actually so long that I had to split it.

***Anyway, this is a FRIENDLY REMINDER that since my story has soooo many characters and pairings, not every chapter is going to have the main characters involved. But every character and what they do is very important so please bare with it and read on for the plot. THANK YOUU!!***

I'm saying this because this chapter is mostly TXT Yeonjun and ITZY Yeji :) I love them both, they're paired together, but I'm not hardcore shipping them as couples because they're still very young, please be respectful to them.

And since I know y'all are dying for JIROSE, I'll have a double update within the month ;)

K, that's all, love you!!

******

The one drawback to being the personal bodyguard for the famous Rose Princess was that Jimin always, always, had to be with her. No matter where she went, he was within 10 feet of her. From time to time, he had to keep his stern composure while dying and whining on the inside. He knew what he was signing up for when he devised his whole operation, but he was too excited to get within the base of interest to realize his undercover was as boring as staring at a beige wall.

It's been two weeks since Jimin infiltrated Emerald Tech. A routine had been quickly adapted. He would wake up at 8AM to get to the mansion and be ready for wherever Chaeyoung had in mind that day. She was on an indefinite break from her travels and just enjoying herself, which meant dragging him everywhere around the city.

He would then return to his apartment whenever Chaeyoung was done with her day, usually around 9PM. Beomgyu would return whenever he felt done with scouting around the mansion or Emerald Tech Tower. It's been about the same old report though: he hasn't found anything of interest so far.

"Maybe I'm following the wrong people?" Beomgyu wondered after the first week of nothing. "Maybe I'm at the wrong place at the wrong time? I still haven't noticed any patterns of interest."

Jimin sighed tiredly, "Probably because I haven't had any trouble or notice anything out of place with these people so I can't assign you anything. Besides, I'm always with Chaeyoung who's chilling with her friends. Her parents are always at work."

"I followed her parents already. The father is in his office most of the time. I peeked at the papers and they're all business documents that are useless to us. The mother is also in her office near the labs but it's all medical and engineering stuff that's also useless."

"Did you scout the entire Tower?"

"About a quarter of it, the building is huuuge! Honestly, I've been searching around blindly. I just know the building is split into three major departments: the business management, medical labs, and engineering development rooms. But that's very broad, they have so many projects going on that it'd be crazy to nitpick which ones to investigate."

Beomgyu sagged down on the couch and closed his eyes, ready to sleep, "Maybe Emerald Tech really is just a normal powerful corporation."

"No," Jimin practically growled at him which startled him to be alert. "Chanyeol-hyung clearly stated it." He took a deep breath. "We just need to dig deeper, and Hoseok needs to hurry up."

In the video they saw of Chanyeol, he mentioned that there was a secret folder in a hard drive with all his discoveries during his secret mission. But because it had been stolen, Hoseok and his team are still working to recover it, buried deep in the complex hardware of Gaho's computer. That's why Jimin and Beomgyu were going on with no lead at the moment.