Ch. 21 First Kill

SPECIAL THANKS TO MY BEST FRIEND WHO HELPED ME WRITE THE FIGHT SCENES!! Literally, he's the best :D

Sorry for the long wait!!

Enjoyyyy~

It's about to get messy...

"Nu-uh-uh, don't move, babe," the teen Slayer taunted her when she made a move for her gun, "you don't want to accidentally slit your boyfriend's throat, do you?"

Willing herself to not panic and keep a rational mind, Jennie gritted her teeth. For a moment, nobody moved, and she didn't know what to do. But she did notice that it was still quiet. Very quiet.

"You're the only one here," she said more as a statement than a question. "Didn't call your buddies for help? Think you can take on both of us, kid?" She had to buy time.

The Slayer tightened his grip on his knife warningly and glared at her, "I'm not a kid."

Jennie knew she hit a weak spot. Because, yes, she has taken a few lessons with the Master of Manipulation. "Stupid kid." Her eyes glanced to the side of the Slayer's head, who turned his head around to catch the person sneaking up from behind...

But there actually wasn't anyone.

V easily broke out of the Slayer's grip and broke the wrist that was holding the knife. Caught off guard and in pain, the amateur Slayer was knocked out in one punch by the unfazed Tiger Shifter.

Jennie blew out a sigh of relief, "Thank Ariel, I knew you were pretending."

V gave a bored shrug, "Pft, I saw this squirt not-so-expertly hiding in the bushes when we were making our way here. Had to keep silent and let him think he caught us by surprise. By the way, you handled it well, just as I expected."

Jennie blinked in realization, "Wait... were you also testing me?"

"Eh, kill two birds with one stone," he slyly winked. "Anyway, no time for chit-chat. Who knows what we'll be facing in the next several steps we take."

At that moment, they were startled by a thump above them. But when they looked up, it was just the Panther Shifter tapping the roof to get their attention.

V ticked his tongue, "Boy, you're sticking out like a sore thumb."

Unbothered, Jaeho shrugged with a smirk, "I know. They should be coming here any minute now." As if on cue, shouting was heard from afar.

Jennie exclaimed incredulously, "What did you do?! And where are Jihoon and Yoojung?"

"Just like we planned. Made myself a target to lure all of them in so we can eliminate them all at once. The other cats are preparing surprise attacks inside the building." His aura rippled and pulsed, something that happens to Shifters when they get excited to shift but are holding back for the right moment. But Jaeho's eyes had already turned into its Panther eye-counterparts, predatory yellow slits.

Jennie glanced at V worriedly. This wasn't part of the plan. Yes, Jaeho would lure them in, but he was supposed to start a chase into the building where the rest of them would be hiding to help with the attacks, not take them all on.

"Jaeho-ssi," V said warningly, "it's one of you versus ten of them."

Jaeho just grinned wide and confidently back at his Master, "I'll knock out as many as I can and then I'll follow the original plan." Without another word, Jaeho jumped off the roof and shifted in midair. He charged right towards the whole gang.