Ch. 23 The Notebook

I'm back with the longest chapter I've ever written!!! 5126 words!! Once a-freakin-gain, I did not plan for this chapter to go this long so once a-freakin-gain I had to split it up.

Hella details up ahead. INTENSE PLOT DEVELOPING DETAILS!! Get comfy, everyone, this'll be a long, bumpy ride.

ENJOY~

It's been three days since the conversation with Lisa and still nothing has changed between Jennie and V. The Snow Leopard Shifter doesn't know how she has been able to cope , it's hurting less and less as they ignored each other. But she doesn't like that. It was so... numbing. She's waited long enough, she has to do something. It just didn't sit right with her that they were okay with just letting go with the close friendship they had. She needed to fix things if the hard-headed V won't.

Jennie approached Jungkook one day alone in the hallway of the Diamond and asked, "Have you talked to V?"

She noticed that he rubbed the back of his neck nervously. "Uh, yes, I've talked to him."

"Look, V is obviously keeping something from me and I know that you know what it is. But I'm not one to pry into someone's business and you're being the good friend by protecting him. But can you please at least tell me a little something, anything that will let me know why he's acting like this with me and if there's anything I can do to help."

Jungkook felt really bad for keeping Jennie in the dark about what's going on. He could see that Jennie was getting desperate now, the silent treatment between the two was killing her. So he led her to a more secluded and quiet place where he told her, "Fine. I'll tell you this much. V's dealing with... a personal problem right now."

"And what does that have to do with me?"

Jungkook was trying to find the right words, "It's... really confusing. It's just something that we all agreed not to talk about."

Jennie narrowed her eyes, "Who's the 'we' ?"

"The ones closest to him that he trusts the most."

"So... he doesn't trust me." That really saddened Jennie for some reason.

Jungkook quickly responded, "No, it's not that he doesn't trust you. You see, whenever something bothers him, his solution is to avoid it. I'm not saying you're the problem... it's just... you just remind him of it."

This conversation only confused Jennie more. "Is it me or is it something I did?"

Jungkook was getting more and more hesitant. "The answer to that would give too much away. I'm sorry, I can't say much."

Jennie blew out a heavy sigh of frustration, "I just... I really want to fix whatever it is that's happening between us. But if nothing's happened in such a long time... does he even care about me anymore?" Now that Jennie wondered that out loud, it sounded painful to her ears. "I don't want to put too much care into something that isn't meant to be fixed."

"Noona, don't think that way," Jungkook was slightly panicking now that there were tears brimming Jennie's eyes. He was not good at comforting girls. Where is Lali when I need her? "He does care about you, trust me. If it makes you feel any better, he's been mad at Jimin, Lisa, and I before and we got the same silent treatment. He's just really good at holding grudges." Then the younger realized his words and backtracked. "N-Not that he's mad at you, honest! And he's not holding a grudge on you! Ugh, what's happening right now is really confusing and you don't need to know. Just... know that things will get better. He will come around."

"Did he give you guys the silent treatment for almost three weeks?" Jennie challenged. At this, Jungkook was silent. "At least you know what you did to make him mad, I don't."