Arc 2: The Princess and the Fox

Even with the heavy thunderstorm outside, the little girl felt warm and cozy snuggled under her plush blanket with a book in her soft hands

***

It could be the sunniest summer day or a tremendous hurricane could be passing by and the little boy would never know for he was kept underground.

***

A clap of thunder startled her before she relaxed and let herself be warmed by the gentle lights of her chandeliers above.

***

A bloodcurdling scream pierced through the silence and echoed through the corridor, making him cower deeper into the dark corner of his room, lit by a single stuttering light bulb.

***

Before she went to bed, her eyes scanned the interior, making sure all her belongings were organized and clean, from the photo collage on her walls to the proper placement of her furniture. Nodding her head, she nestled under her covers.

***

The darkest corner happens to also be the driest and cleanest, unlike the other walls that have cracks, mold, or insect nests. He made sure the duct tape was secured to cover them before grabbing his ragged oversized shirt that served as a blanket and tried to get somewhat comfortable.

***

Her room was a princess's quarters.

***

His room was a tiny cell in the basement.

***

There was a light knock and the door opened to reveal a middle-aged man with a tired look yet a smile on his face. "You didn't think I'd forget to tuck in my little sunshine?"

Of course, the little girl was glad to see her father, "Appa! I thought you were too busy tonight with phone calls and stuff."

"I can always spare a little break to be with my little girl." The hard-working father kissed his daughter's forehead, "Good night, my beautiful flower."

***

Sleep was never easy for him because there were plenty of sounds made throughout the day and night. Tonight, just when he was about to drift off, the screeching metal of his door scared him awake. He squeezed his eyes tighter, already knowing who was there.

"You didn't think I'd forget to give my best specimen a goodnight treat, did you?"

The little boy knew it was useless for his frail body to fight back, but he automatically kicked his limbs around when they grabbed him. "NO! Stop it! Let me go!"

***

She slept soundly like always, visiting a blissful dreamland.

***

He barely slept, the pain emanating from the fresh cuts all over his body and nightmares invading the little sleep.

***

She was the daughter of a CEO and brilliant scientist, a modern princess of the city. All she's ever known was love, relief, and happiness.

***

He was an orphan and prisoner to a psychotic human, a specimen of an experiment. All he's ever known was hate, torture, and misery.

******From now on, I'm going to be that type of writer that drops hints everyyyywheeerreee but you won't realize till it happens and I tell you to go back and reread a line 😏 It's gonna be like that for Apex Shifter AND Howling Hearts hehe

******
From now on, I'm going to be that type of writer that drops hints everyyyywheeerreee but you won't realize till it happens and I tell you to go back and reread a line 😏 It's gonna be like that for Apex Shifter AND Howling Hearts hehe

So buckle up and grab your popcorn, people! New year, new arc!!!

Also new story!! I've finally posted the first chapter to Howling Hearts. Please give that book some love too if you're interested in a werewolf Bangpink story!!