Ch. 45 Only More Questions

~On one random Friday afternoon, the author decides to make her comeback 😁~

HELLOOOO LONG TIME NO SEE!! I'm so sorry to have kept you all waiting for like a year and a half 😭 

GOOD NEWS! I've graduated college and I have a few months of summer break to start writing again!! Thank you all for your patience. I've received many messages asking about my return but also wishing me well and I highly appreciate all of your sweet words :3 

Now that the story is back, I will admit that this is one of the "boring" chapters with more information but I tried to put in some recap details (please reread if you need to 😅 let me know in the comments if you need help too) This one was so hard to complete, the writer's block was one of the reasons why I was on a hiatus.

I will also try to revive my other story "Howling Hearts" but this one will take priority!

Thank you all again for the love and support for this book!! ❤

******

Jimin wanted to scream at the top of his lungs, to punch the walls into a crumble, anything that would let out the bubbling anger and remorse that was streaming through his whole body. But as soon as he stepped into his apartment, he could only slump down against his door and cry.

That wasn't supposed to happen.

Where did his plan go wrong?

What did he miss?

But he's never failed to miss such an important detail before...

A human corporation that uses shifters as security guards... It was laughable to Jimin, unimaginable.

Yet... the unimaginable happened. The terrifying images he saw in the past few hours flashed in his head, fueling his tears. "AAGH!!" He slammed his palms onto the ground and boosted himself up. He furiously gripped his hair and ran his hands down his face, wiping away his pathetic tears. Now was not the time to get emotional, there was no time to waste. The stakes just got higher.

As he was pacing around his apartment while taking deep breaths, he suddenly heard tapping on his window. He whipped his head around, alert, only to see a familiar dragonfly.

"Beomgyu-ah!" Jimin rushed to let in his junior. As soon as Beomgyu shifted back, he was engulfed in a tight hug by his master.

The younger was caught off guard, but quickly returned the hug, "I'm okay, hyung, I'm okay."

Jimin recollected himself and gave a small smile, ruffling the hair of the slightly taller boy, "Yeah... you're okay... What about Yeonjun and Yeji?" If he was this worried about his uninjured junior, he couldn't imagine how Yoongi must've felt when two of his best trainees returned to him. He felt a pang of guilt.

Beomgyu offered a reassuring smile, although it was shaky, "They're gonna be okay. I didn't go all the way back to Grim Swarm's base or else I wouldn't make it back here before midnight. But I got news from Soobin who visited that they are both stable now."

Jimin let a heavy sigh of relief, "That's good to hear. I'm sure Yoongi will handle it... we'll hear from him soon." He dreaded having to hear from the Dark Master who must be absolutely furious. "Ugh, we need to have a meeting with the other Masters too. They're all gonna kill me." He walked back to his couch and slumped down, feeling drained and hopeless.

Beomgyu sat opposite of him, "If they call tonight, I'll do most of the talking for you, hyung. It's mostly gonna be about the discoveries about the lab today anyway."