Ch. 39.5 Taennie Special

Hi, back to back update :) Enjoy Taennie cuz we won't see them for a while in this new arc!!! 😭

*******

Kim Jennie's new reality hit her the morning after the big party. It was the first morning she woke up in the arms of Kim Taehyung. She's greeted by the handsome, unstressed face of her new boyfriend. It was a perfect way to start her day and it never ceases to make her smile first thing in the morning.

Before the whole fight between her and V and the first battle with Apex Genesis, Jennie still had to remind herself every morning that she is a Snow Leopard Shifter and truly living the harsh life as one with BTS. Now, she had to remind herself that she has grown so much as a Shifter in the past two months and the fact that she's in a relationship with the infamous Winter Master.

It's very interesting to her how they fell easily into the relationship. They certainly didn't overlook the time when they were cold to each other, but they've forgiven each other's misunderstandings. It amazes her that their bond had grown so strongly in the past few months with the biggest downs and ups, so much so that she didn't even realize it until that first kiss.

Taehyung felt eyes on him so he sleepily opened his to find the soft, doe pair of chocolate orbs that he fell in love with so long ago. "G'morning, beautiful."

Jennie instinctively buried her face into his shoulder as she felt a red blush bloom across her cheeks. His raspy morning voice, the softness and care of his presence, oh my Ariel, her heart can't handle this much sweetness.

The White Tiger Shifter chuckled at her cute shyness and lightly stroked her hair. It actually wasn't the first time he touched her hair. While they were still friends, and didn't think they had any attraction for each other whatsoever, he would sometimes absentmindedly play with the ends of her hair while talking with someone else. Jennie didn't think much of it either and just let him.

But now... with different understandings of each other, it sent nice, warm shudders from her scalp to her spine. Jennie found herself leaning her head into his big palm as she closed her eyes to fully enjoy the warm feeling.

And then she felt the shudder reach within the column of her throat and her ears picked up a hushed rumbly noise...

When the hand that was petting her stilled, she also froze with a startling realization of what she just did.

Her closed eyes now squeezed shut, she waited in anticipation as Taehyung's hand traveled painstakingly slowly from the top of her head to under her chin, where he gently pushed her head up to make her look at him.

She was met by his signature, amused smirk, "Did my little kitten just purr?"

Jennie ducked her head back into his chest. "Noooo," she weakly whined.

"You're so freakin' adorable." But he spared her the embarrassment by petting her hair again. "Don't worry, that's completely normal. Your cat side came out."

Jennie let Taehyung's calming effect take over her again before lifting her head up. Her face was still red but she asked curiously, "So do you purr too?"

For a split second, Jennie saw the teasing, amusement drop from his face but then he cleared his throat and put on a cheeky grin, "A fierce tiger like me doesn't purr, honey."

"Hmph, well let's find out."

"Uhh, let's not."

It was Jennie's turn to be smug, "I'll have my ways."