Ch. 44 Moth Flame

HI EVERYONE, I'M BACK!!!

I'M SO SORRY FOR LEAVING FOR SO LONG!!

I'LL EXPLAIN LATER, PLEASE ENJOY THE NEW CHAPTER, FINALLY!!!

******

"The phone number you are trying to reach is not available-"

"Ughhh, goddammit, Park Jimin, pick up your phone," grumbled a tired Chaeyoung, that was the fourth time. "I wanna go hooomeee." She pouted at her phone as if it'll suddenly take pity on her and ring with Jimin calling back... but things don't work like that.

She was currently sitting in her private booth in her favorite cafe, already having finished her tea and evening dessert after a long day of running errands for her mother. Jimin had been with her all day, of course, but when arrived at the cafe, he strangely told her to go on ahead without him.

Jimin parked behind the cafe but didn't turn off the engine. "Hey, umm is it okay if I leave you here for a few hours?"

She looked at him surprised, "Why? You're my bodyguard, you're supposed to be with me at all times."

"I know, I'm sorry, Chaeyoung, but something just came up at home that I have to attend to real quick. I'll be back in a couple of hours. Is that okay with you? You're done with your errands now, right?"

The anxious look on his usually cool face made her worry a little. Her eyes caught his grip on the steering wheel, so tight that his knuckles were turning white. His knee was also bouncing really slightly but she could tell he was trying to suppress the restless urge.

Her parents had forbidden her to go anywhere without a bodyguard, a strict policy that everyone in the security department knew better than to make an excuse to leave early, it was practically a fireable excuse! Therefore, she was more surprised than suspicious that Jimin would even have the guts to ask that question when he's only been working this job for a couple of weeks.

Something about his pleading eyes got her to agree though. "Umm... alright. It's not like I'm gonna get into trouble at the cafe anyway haha. Go, text me when you come back?"

Jimin visibly relaxed, "I will, I'll be back to take you home for dinner. Don't go anywhere without me. And pleeeasseee don't tell your parents about this."

"Hmm depends," she teased. "Fine, fine. I hope everything is okay at home. Thanks for driving me, Jimin."

"I'll see you, Chaeyoung."

Thinking back, she was confused as to why she had agreed so easily. Maybe it was the shock of the question. Maybe she truly wasn't worried about her safety in this cafe that she regularly went to. Maybe she wanted to rebel against her parents a bit, she had always wanted her own freedom.

Or maybe she had seen the troubled look in his eyes. Now that she thought about it, she had noticed that he had been antsy throughout the whole day. He wasn't engaged in their conversations as usual. In fact, he seemed pretty spaced out and ignored her for most of the day.

Chaeyoung sighed, whatever the reason why she agreed, she was really worried now that three hours had already passed. The sun had already set on this late fall day, if she didn't get home in two hours before dinner, her over-protective parents would start getting frantic.

She thought about maybe going out to look for him, but that was a dumb idea. She knew where his apartment was because of the information he had to give when he got the job, but she didn't know if that was where he went or maybe another family member's home. Besides, it was much riskier for someone like her to wander the streets when it was getting dark.