Ch. 20 First Mission

"Jennie-unnie, Jennie-unnie!!" Jennie was doing her warm-ups for her fighting lesson of the day when a cute, bubbly Yoojung came bouncing up to her. "Guess what, guess what??"

Jennie giggled and patted the cute, hyper girl's head, "Did you have a doughnut and coffee this morning, sweetie?"

Jihoon, who was right behind Yoojung, shook his head with a scared look, "Oh hell no, I would never allow that."

Yoojung's face fell into a pout, "The jerk held me down while I saw the last chocolate doughnut being eaten from afar." She let out a fake sob noise while Jihoon rolled his eyes. But then her face perked up again and the big smile was back. The sudden mood changes was rather comedic. "But anyway, that's not what I wanted to tell you. Jennie-unnie, you've been here for a month already!"

"Whoa..." Jennie suddenly realized this too, a big smile slowly growing. "Oh my Ariel, I have." She even adapted the Shifter slang. "Wow, I haven't exactly been counting the days, haha. I've been too caught up with all the action of training and just being with you great people here."

"Well you're about to get more action," Yoojung winked. "You see, after a trainee has been here for a month, they're allowed to go on missions!"

This time Jennie gasped loudly, "Yes!" She's been looking longingly at the mission board almost every day. Whenever one of her fellow trainees came back from one, she would always make them tell her stories about it and learn from them. "What the heck, V didn't tell me that. He just said I had to wait until he deemed me ready."

"I think he's just being protective," Yoojung nudged her teasingly. "But it's a tradition that you go on one after the first month and he can't ignore tradition. Besides, I was thinking that you join me and Jihoon on a mission, so you'll be safe with us B.2 trainees."

"What do you say, Jennie-noona?" Jihoon asked with wide pleading eyes along with Yoojung.

Of course, how was Jennie supposed to resist her fellow cats? "Of course! I really wanted to go on one anyway but was kind of nervous because I don't really know how they work. It would be really relieving to go with you guys."

"Aaaand where are we going exactly?" A deep voice from behind Jennie made her jump. But she relaxed immediately when she sensed the minty fresh chill, her back leaning against his chest. Jennie shot a big smile over her shoulder at V who was looking at her through narrowed eyes. "Sooo you have neglected to tell me that after being here for a month, I get to go on a mission."

V groaned and muttered under his breath, "For good reason." One of his arms lazily wrapped around Jennie's waist, a small protective gesture.

The caracals shared a knowing look at the skinship, but the older pair didn't notice.

Jennie lightly elbowed him with a pout, "Hey, I can handle myself now. Besides, Jihoon-ah and Yoojung-ah invited me to join their mission, and since you trust them, I'd be safe, if that's what you're worried about."

Her trainer groaned again, "Among other things, yes." Then he looked over at the younger pair who smiled nervously. V did indeed trust two of his best students, but he didn't want to let Jennie loose on her own just yet. "Have you picked a mission?" he asked them.

"Not yet, Master," Jihoon answered.

"Good. You mind if I lead this one?"

The caracal cat pair's eyes lit up wide, bright and sparkling at their beloved Master's suggestion. "Of course not, Master! We would do any mission with you!"

Jennie couldn't help but coo at how much they admire V. She saw how fondly he smiled at them too. "But after this one, I get to go on a mission without you babying me," she pouted.