Ch. 37 Crystal Snow

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! 🎆🎊🥂🥳
And I gift to you the last chapter of Arc 1!!
******

When Boa shifted in front of Namjoon to urgently tell him her news, he wasn't mentally ready for her words. "Namjoon! New plan! You need to use your seismic waves to trigger an avalanche."

~~~

"To contain the force, I need you to use your Gift underwater to create tsunami waves that will wash over the entire base."

~~~

It took everything in him to not freeze up with how awfully familiar that command sounded. "I'll tell the other teams to lure the enemy numbers down to the trench so that they'll be buried by the avalanche all at once."

It sounded like a great plan, and if Boa is the one who instructed it, then it was approved by someone as wise as her. Namjoon shouldn't have worried, but a past memory was pushing at the back of his subconscious in warning.

So before Boa flew off to spread the idea, Namjoon called out to her. "Wait! Boa-sunbae! There's too much risk in the avalanche! What if one of ours doesn't clear out of the way in time? And what about V? He's down there fighting off the main enemy force!"

Boa smiled reassuringly, knowing exactly why he was worried. "Trust me, Joon. This was Jennie's idea. She wants V to be surrounded by the snow. This is what she came up with to get our V back. And as for the others, don't worry, we can take care of each other. You just have to make sure you get your big part done. I'll give you a signal."

She could see the Lion Shifter's calculating look of hesitance. She gripped his shoulders and told him sternly, "Kim Namjoon, I know you're thinking of three years ago. This will not be the same. Go with the plan. Trust me, alright, Joon?"

Something about the strong resolve in her words made him snap out of it. Blinking away the hesitation, he steeled himself before nodding in agreement. They both shifted and went in opposite directions.

The Lion now raced up to a higher spot on the mountain to find the perfect spot to start the avalanche.

It's going to be like three years ago, where he used his Seismic Waves Gift to trigger a natural disaster. It was a tsunami three years ago, now they want an avalanche... both impossible to control after it starts.

As the leader, he should've put more time into thinking about this spontaneous plan, but unfortunately, they didn't have time which made it all the more frustrating. As he ran, he glanced down at the mountain trench to see the white tiger still tirelessly fighting off the army. Even so, it was dangerous for V's mental stability, the longer he stayed in Rage.

As the leader, when there is no time, he had to put his trust in his members' strong teamwork and bond.

Namjoon's Gift came with the instinctual sense of finding the perfect spot for triggers in the earth. When he found that spot for the avalanche, he waited...

He gave a silent prayer to the Angel Ariel that everyone was ready...

Then he heard the Swan Shifter's voice in his mind through their bond. "Now, Joon."

Three strong pulses from the Lion's paws produced three low echoes rumbling through the snow-bed. Everything slowly went into motion, the speed of the snow increasing exponentially as it spread down the mountainside.

Namjoon couldn't see what was happening far downstream of the snow slide, where the rest of BTS were battling. He just hoped they all cleared out in time...

***

Behind Namjoon, there was a distinct crunch sound. His eyes stayed forward but his ears swiveled back towards the direction, where a few more crunching noises sounded. Feeling a bit off, he cautiously looked back.