Ch. 16 Claws Clash

"Am I allowed to ask for some fighting lessons before I head in blind?" It was nearing the end of Jennie's rest period before her third and final placement test. She tried to fall asleep but ended up just laying on the bed in the infirmary and talking to V about anything but the Academy and tests. It was just a way to get her mind off the nerve-wracking test and she got to know the Tiger Shifter a lot more.

Conclusion: The ferocious tiger was actually loud and fun with 4D personality when he's not wearing his expressionless mask. She wondered what he'll be like when he's in full serious, training mode. And she hasn't technically seen him fight, at least not in full consciousness. But she pushed that aside, knowing she'd be seeing that side of him soon enough. For now, she just wanted to enjoy their friendly moment.

"I'm not allowed to teach you anything or give you any hints," V shrugged indifferently. "I can't even tell you what the third test is about. You'll find out when you get there."

"But I need to mentally prepare myself."

"Pft, were you even mentally or physically prepared right at the start of the other two?"

"... Well... not exactly but I did eventuallyyy."

"Mhm, that's what I thought."

Jennie rolled her eyes at V's smugness, "Gimme a break, you expect too much from me."

"And the expectations will only go higher as we train."

"Yayyy can't wait." Jennie was being sarcastic and sounded lazy already, but that's because she's only joking around with V. When she really starts training, she'll work hard to not be left behind.

There was a knock on the door and Namjoon entered with an encouraging smile, "Time for your last test. You ready?"

Jennie gave a confident smirk, "I'm totally not ready but I have no choice so let's do this!" She pumped her fist in the air to hype herself up and hopped out of bed.

"Kitty's gonna fake it till she makes it," V chuckled.

That's literally how she rolls. Jennie walked confidently behind Namjoon as he led her to the Diamond. It was first the majestic yet intimidating building that made her sharp steps falter a bit. Then they entered and Jennie saw a whole group of trainees standing with Jimin in the middle of a fighting court which made her steps become a little more visibly hesitant.

"Keep up the act, Jennie," V told her quietly. "Your fear and hesitance is showing more and more. Don't let them see that." Taking a deep breath, she nodded.

They stopped right in front of Jimin and his group. It was hard for Jennie to keep up her confident facade when the group of six trainees in front of her were eyeing her like she was prey or an enemy target.

Namjoon looked between Jimin and Jennie and the latter hoped that the headmaster of the academy would say something reassuring or set some rules but he just said with a smirk, "I'll be on the balcony, enjoying the show. Good luck, kiddo." Clapping a hand on her shoulder, rather a little roughly like she was one of the guys, the Lion Shifter walked away with a slight excited bounce in his step.

Jimin clapped his hands once loudly, "Let's get this started, shall we, cub? Your third and final test is a lot more simple than the other two. All you need to do," he waved his arms out to gesture to the trainees, "is battle one of them."

Jennie was already crying inside. But instead, she said, "I need more detail than that, fox."

"Why, of course," Jimin smiled too brightly. "These six here are some of my best A Class trainees. Battle one of them and either beat them or last for 20 minutes."