Ch. 9 Burned

Jennie was back to being her determined, stubborn self, and V could see that. "You have no experience in sneaking around and definitely not going undercover."

"But I'm guessing you do, so can you please go investigate?"

"What am I? A private investigator?"

"Fine, I'm still going." She went to open the door but V stopped her.

He let out an exasperated sigh, "Why are cats always so dramatic?"

"You're one too."

"Look, as much fun as it is going undercover, I'm not on an official mission right now which means I don't have any info on the workings of this place. But, there is a much easier way that requires minimal sneaking. My hacking skills aren't the best, I'm not in that department. But getting into the system and reviewing security footage is a baby's play."

Jennie didn't question what he meant but grinned back at him when he threw her a black mask and a cap from the glove compartment.

"First lesson in Sneaking 101: Don't disguise your face so much that you look sketchy from afar." He reached from the backseat to grab a gray hoodie and threw a light blue one for Jennie. "And don't cover yourself in all black, no matter how many times you see Jungkook and Yoongi do so." He then completed his look with his sunglasses. "The only hard part is that this handsome face is hard to hide sometimes."

"Mhm, quite the weakness," Jennie teased while zipping up the hoodie to cover up the light tears in her t-shirt, which she now noticed. She also just noticed the holes in her jeans have widened. Another reason to get my stuff back, she thought, Grandma can't see me looking like a hobo when I get home. "Let's go."

They entered through the back entrance where there weren't many guests around because they should be out and about during this hour. Upon the first step inside, Jennie felt her hands getting clammy and her legs started tingling from nervousness as she walked unsurely behind V. Again, she talked big, but she stupidly acted on her words before coming up with a solid plan. She glanced up at V who seemed so relax.

Noticing her look, V said, "Lesson 2: Always formulate a solid plan first."

"Don't have to remind me," she grumbled. "I don't even remember the layout of this hotel, not that I cared to noticed when I was here."

"Lesson 3: Observe everything and anything before diving into the operation, while you're in the operation, and even after you completed the task so you can safely get out."

"Couldn't you have told me some of that before we got out of the car?" Jennie fired back.

"You were too anxious to go," V shrugged. "Besides, you learn from mistakes."

"Okaaay, so what now?"

"Now, we get me a janitor."

Jennie widened her eyes, "Are we gonna knock them unconscious and steal their uniform for disguises?"

V took off his glasses to make sure she saw his offended eye roll. "Cub, my undercover missions are a lot more complex than the Hollywood style of knocking them out and stealing their uniform."

"O-Oh-"

"We drug them, it's less messy than getting into a brawl."

"Wooow," she was honestly amused. "Okay, back to the point here. What are you gonna do?"

"All you need to do is watch and be silent," all he did was wink at her before he set his eyes on his target, a janitor.

Jennie didn't exactly know what to expect, but she definitely did not expect them to just walk past him. She scrunched her eyebrows in confusion. Before she asked V, she wanted to try observing before asking questions. The only thing she noticed was that they passed the janitor when he had his back towards them. She waited for him to do something but he just led her to another hallway where the elevators were.