Ch. 36 The Wrath of the Blizzard

******

Surprise surprise!!! I'm done with test and classes and I have a few days break before finals so before I start studying for that, I thought I would gift you guys Ch. 36~

******

"I am not losing you again."

Jennie blinked again and she was back in the warzone. What just happened... it was real. There was comfort but also pained anticipation in that other-worldly meeting.

Taehyung let out a low tired purr through his labored breathing. Upon looking closely, Jennie sobbed harder when she saw how his once crystal white coat was soiled with gruesome brown and red streaks from battle, distorting the natural pattern of his stripes. And the nastiest of the damage: a deep puncture wound on his right shoulder blade from the arrow causing a violent stream of crimson blood down.

"That is all your fault."

Jennie became alert when her own thought was voiced by a wicked jeer. Standing on a ledge loomed Gaho who had the offending bow in hand. Taehyung's energy suddenly became revived at the sight of the man, but the arrow injury prevented him from advancing.

That, and the fact that Jennie had her arms encircled around him protectively. "Take it easy, Tae," she whispered in his ear. "You're injured." Taehyung growled in disagreement but remained still for now.

Gaho smirked down rather triumphantly, "Now this is what I call a happy accident. That arrow has no special property, it was just supposed to spear through your girl's heart. I saw you coming, I was going to kill her right in front of your eyes. But you came just in the nick of time. I'm actually glad it turned out like this. I really hope the arrow doesn't kill you though. By now..." Gaho slowly climbed down the rock face of the ledge, "your adrenaline should be pumping as your rage grows... just watching me get closer... and closer."

Taehyung growled louder and louder as he grew restless, the pain from the arrow was starting to numb. But the one sliver of rationality was aware that Jennie was still clinging onto him and that put her in immediate danger if he left her side.

"Come on, white tiger," Gaho taunted, "I'm wide open for you to kill."

"Taehyung, stop," Jennie said in a stern, quiet voice, "it's a trap. Back away slowly." There's no way Gaho was unprotected. He had rocket shoes last time, who knows what hidden equipment he had on him right now.

Gaho's leering eyes switched to lock onto Jennie's which made her freeze. "I'm surprised you're still moving from all the torture you've been through. Hmm maybe I won't kill you later after all since you have proven your strength."

Jennie tightened her vice grip on Taehyung's fur to keep him from attacking. "You clearly underestimated me." She'll take it, she'll take all the degrading words thrown at her to show Taehyung he didn't need to worry. She'll keep up her strong facade even when she is internally deteriorating from her injuries to protect Taehyung.

But Gaho knew what the clever cat was planning. The white tiger was visibly calming down and he didn't like that. "Ohh no, this won't do at all. Alrighty, if words won't get you to snap, let's do this the hard way...with some action." He snapped his fingers.

The sound of a gun cocking from the side caught their attention. In a split second, Jennie felt a huge force knock her to the side once again. When she finally registered what happened, her white tiger was held down by a weighted net.