Ch. 41 Bodyguard by Day, Spy by Night

Wow, ok, I am so late with this update, I'm so sorry! >.< I have summer classes so it's keeping me busy plus I had a major writer's block on this, so I tried to get myself back in by doing that photo edit ^ hehe. I'll be updating Howling Hearts soon after this!

Anyway, enjoy Jimin and Chaeyoung's first meeting!

******

~Back to present day at the Park Resident~

Standing still at the entrance of the living room, Chaeyoung's eyes zeroed in on the new face. With his pitch-black hair, smooth skin, full lips, quite a handsome face, he looked about the same age as her! Her head started spinning with the only possibility that she could think of and she did not like it at all!

Her father spotted her and everyone's attention went to the new arrival. "Ah, my daughter, perfect timing. I'm sorry for this sudden news, honey, but upon recent events that caused your mother and me to worry for your safety, we have assigned you a new personal bodyguard."

Chaeyong blinked... Who?! What?! Why?!........ Okaaay so that was not the possibility I was thinking of. While being absolutely bewildered by the news on the inside, she applauded herself that she could look so composed on the outside.

"Uh, well, good afternoon, everyone," the confused girl bowed. It's too early to be in shock. "Um, I feel like I interrupted something so I'm just going to go eat real quick and be right back. Continue as you were, please." Her parents dismissed her and she scurried into the kitchen.

Chaeyoung greeted the cooking staff and the head chef, a sweet middle-aged lady named Changmin, who handed her a plate of brunch that she had already prepared.

"Thank you, Changmin-unnie." Chaeyoung sat down with a long heavy sigh of relief. In the safety of the kitchen, she could drop her professional act. She took an extra long time to finish her food because one: Changmin's homemade food bested any 5-Michelin star restaurant that always needed to be savored, and two: she was prolonging the inevitable time when she had to get back out there.

New bodyguard, seriously?! Chaeyoung has been wondering why her usual bodyguard was absent since she returned home, but they all told her that he was taking a small break with his family, so she didn't pry. But now she had so many questions that she wanted answers to. Now that her initial shock has simmered down, her irritation was building up which can be seen as she viciously stabbed the bacon with her fork.

She grumbled under breath as she chomped her bacon, "Dumb parents keeping me out of the loop. I can't believe they didn't tell me!"

A soft chuckle bought her out of her grumpy mood. She looked up to see Changmin smiling amusedly at her while washing the dishes. "If this is how you act with a new unexpected bodyguard, imagine if it was an unexpected visit from a suitor."

Chaeyoung scowled deeply, "Ugh, don't even let me imagine. It's been about a year since the last time a suitor came. I've been traveling so much to avoid that from happening again. But thank God that new guy isn't, my stress level had already begun to rise when I saw him."

"Don't worry, honey, I'm sure you'll like him."

Chaeyong raised an eyebrow, "What, you knew about him already?"

"My husband is part of the security team, remember? He told me about a week ago when they were giving him the tests. He was highly impressed."

At this, the displeased girl waved her hands around exasperatedly, "Aghh, why am I the last to know about this?! It directly involves me! I usually have some input on when my parents hire a new bodyguard for my team."